CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

So, who has the fastest DS on unleaded gas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, who has the fastest DS on unleaded gas?

yea if u add a pipe jet and air filter u can get in the mid 80's i have done it i got clocked around 85 on myne and thats with the rev limiter startin to cut in but the i think the DS is one of the best all around sport quads i got one and a ltr 450 and i like the ds juss as much as i do the ltr its fun to ride has great torque through all 5 gears and is fun to jump i am more used to jumpin it than my ltr but it rides good has good power juss a lil heaveir than i would like u can't yank it back on a wheelie like u can the smaller 450's and 400 cc bikes u have to really clutch it or go to a lower gear to where i can juss pull back and gun it on my ltr and it be straight up and windin one out but as far as trail ridein i like it better than any other bikei would love to sell myne and get a newer one juss cuz myne is gettin old and i like the new plastic and the way they look

Old 05-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TMay4
yea if u add a pipe jet and air filter u can get in the mid 80's i have done it i got clocked around 85 on myne and thats with the rev limiter startin to cut in but the i think the DS is one of the best all around sport quads i got one and a ltr 450 and i like the ds juss as much as i do the ltr its fun to ride has great torque through all 5 gears and is fun to jump i am more used to jumpin it than my ltr but it rides good has good power juss a lil heaveir than i would like u can't yank it back on a wheelie like u can the smaller 450's and 400 cc bikes u have to really clutch it or go to a lower gear to where i can juss pull back and gun it on my ltr and it be straight up and windin one out but as far as trail ridein i like it better than any other bikei would love to sell myne and get a newer one juss cuz myne is gettin old and i like the new plastic and the way they look
You forgot these .,...,.,,...,

Also (x-4s)+t

Juss messing with ya.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Trailblazer

I do, just look at my sig.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

guess you can count me out on this one. my 118 octane fuel has such a high lead content and absorbs into skin so fast that "chemical gloves are recomended for dispensing" . needless to say, I try not to get it on my hands.....

Old 05-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FatHolly
Originally posted by: NickOgozaly
i'm just curious who has the fastest ds? How fast is it in MPH? What mods do you have?

Nick-O
I doubt you will find many people who care much about top speed around here. It's all about how fast you get there. A DS with a 730 kit will do the same top speed as a stock DS providing the rev limit and gearing are the same. The 730 will just get there faster. You could put taller gears on any chain drive bike to raise the top speed, but who cares if the bike can't pull through the gears. I would worry more about torque and horse power.

On a general note: these "top spead" discusions scare the crap out of me. If someone is attempting to reach "top speed" generally they are more worried about reaching the limit rather than concentrating on the terrain and most reasonable speed on that terrain. There are very few places that such high speeds can be considered reasonable or sane. Ripping down some country road at 90mph may be bad for your health.LOL
What would you estimate to be the weakest component on a bike for top speed risk?

Old 05-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

What would you estimate to be the weakest component on a bike for top speed risk?
Tires.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kawiyowee
What would you estimate to be the weakest component on a bike for top speed risk?[/quote]

I'm not so worried about the bike as much as I am the terrain. I've come up on wash-outs before that you could not see until the last second. When you are flying down a dirt trail at 80+mph there is no way to slow down fast enough, and the only the hope is to gas it, and hope you don't collapse a lung when you land on the other side. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to ride... I was just commenting on the idea that when a person is trying to reach "top speed" they are more comcerned with being topped out rather than judging speed based on rational consideration of the terrain. If the terrain is well suited for 80+mph then by all means put her in 5th and go. I think more often than not, however, the attempt to max out the machine overrides rational thinking. Just my .02

Old 05-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: dznutz
mine hit 125 mph in the back of my truck on the way up to oregon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I can verify that. Lol