CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Headworks OHV Park, Genoa, NE, June 9th & 10th

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headworks OHV Park, Genoa, NE, June 9th & 10th

I just wanted to say it was good seeing everyone again..... AMD,Bomberboy,Crazypainter,The Bom and family,Drakester,Rawyfz,Shmee,Scooby,Mr. and Mrs.Goodsound and there dog Frank the Tank!

If i forgot anyone i am sorry! All in all it was a great trip, park was packed and had a great time! My bike was runnin good after i found out i had the plug gap way off..... I rode the bike all weekend without a bar and on Sunday we bolted it on and started to head out to the drags and a 2" square of metal broke off where the pipe mounts are.... so i was unable to race on Sunday!

Oh well better luck next time.... I figured i would take it easy on the DS crew anyway! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

This just in! Head is junk, piston is junk, sleeve is junk, rod is junk, crank may well be junk. This DS is history.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What happened, John? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSNUT

What happened, John? [img][/img][/q

Valve spring broke to get the ball rolling.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

I gotta give credit where credit is due, Scooby's bike was way faster than I thought it would be. Congrats on a great build and a fast bike, Scooby. Drakester and Sandworks also get my vote for most impressive bikes of the week end. But, all in all everyone steped up thier game from last year. Good job to everybody [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img].

Old 06-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Got back late last night.

We drove through the night Friday to get to Genoa. We were tired and only spent half a day on the sand on Saturday. Before the trip, my DS sat in storage for almost 12 months. I put in new clutch plates before the trip. Got out on the sand with the new 40/34 head, and the DS was running pretty good. It was slightly rich so I leaned it out a bit. I did some practice launches in 2nd and 3rd gear. The DS wasn't pulling as hard as it should. It turned out the clutch was slipping bad. I took it apart and found the clutch springs compressed from being in storage so long. Put in new springs and cluch fibers.

Took the DS back out in the early afternoon and it was now pulling like it should. Made it through the maze to get to the drag area. Unfortunately there were no fast 4-strokes to run when I was out there, only some 2-strokes. Made some passes. The DS is reving much faster and reving out to higher RPM with the large valve head. I did run a yamaha based 4-stroke with a NOS bottle on the front of it and won the race on the topend. The drag area was so bad I had trouble keeping the DS straight. It was not safe in my opinion so I called it a day. Didn't get a chance to play with boost or do anymore fine tuning or practice launches

Sunday morning I got the DS out on the sand around 10:30AM, a half hour before the races were to start. I made some passes in the unofficial drags prior to the races, but there were no fast 4-strokes to run.

Around 11AM I went to the official drag area and watched the early classes run. The classes were progressing fast, it was getting closer and closer to the 4-stroke unlimited class and there were no entries present except for myself. Then one other entry showed up, a ~500cc 216lb YFZ based bike with an aftermarket drag frame bought from Airforce1. The race crew flagged the 2 of us to start racing even though we were the only entries present. The two of us raced, with me in the right lane. I won the first race by several lengths. I come back to the starting line and there are still no other entries present. So the race crew flags the two of us over to race again. We race again and I won a second time by several lengths, which elminated the YFZ. I believe I ran the 3rd time against a yamaha based quad, not sure if it was a 450 or 700, but I won that race as well by a couple lengths. So by the time I saw anyone from HRT, I had made 3 passes with no loses. I never saw a 300lb DS stock bore on nitrous run in the races. I really had no clue what HRT was running. I think I saw Drakesters bike run against the yamaha based quad that I beat. I think Drakester lost because I got to run that yamaha based bike again on my 5th run which eliminated him by quite a bit of margin. On my prior 4th run, I ran TheBom with whatever he was racing, not sure what it was, but it was lightweight and in drag form. All my passes were in the right lane except againt TheBom. I ran in the left lane against TheBom. TheBom won that race but I think it was close at the 300 foot mark, not sure how many feet but TheBom said he saw me coming, just don't know how close as we crossed the finish line. Hopefully somone has some good video. Not sure the lanes were hooking the same. My start wasn't as good as it was on another pass and I hit the limiter in second on this run which hurt my time. This run was not my fastest pass in the races. The fifth run I mentioned above I took myself out of the races with a malfunction of some sort - still determining what failed.

Due to HRT bikes showing up late I had to make more passes than everyone else.

Unfortunately I only got one pass against HRT. On my 5th pass a malfunction occurred and took me out of the races.

I hope there is some decent video of the races. I made one or two high MPH passes at the 300 foot mark. Some of the passes I was well into the 70's.

My DS weighs 490 dry when stock and with everything I got on it, it weighs around 35lbs more than this dry. It has a +8 swingarm, full suspension, no override, no wheeliebar, no lightening, no NOS, no Nitro, stock bottom end, 105mm bore, stock stroke, IMS 5.5 gallon tank.

I was not "surprised" by any 4-stroke out there and was somewhat dissapointed in what I had to run against (no offense to anyone) and that I took myself out of the races. I certainly had something to run with TheBom's bike in the state of tune he was running it, just wish I had more than one pass against it given the inconsistency of a turbo bike off the line. I expected to get lengths put on me by low 4 second lightweight bikes but that never occurred.

I'm happy with the results. I think I showed what a turbo can do in 300 foot with full weight and a dune setup.

The videos will tell the story more clearly.

Until next time.

Scooby

Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Goodsound

I gotta give credit where credit is due, Scooby's bike was way faster than I thought it would be. Congrats on a great build and a fast bike, Scooby. Drakester and Sandworks also get my vote for most impressive bikes of the week end. But, all in all everyone steped up thier game from last year. Good job to everybody [img][/img].</end quote></div>

Thanks!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Scooby, what place did you finish?

Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing

Scooby, what place did you finish?</end quote></div>

Who made the fastest and quickest pass? Watch the videos when they are posted. How mcu did TheBom's bike wieghs 300 something mine weights 500 something and I was right there, something doesn't add up does it?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Scooby congrates man

Quick Reply: Headworks OHV Park, Genoa, NE, June 9th & 10th