CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Headworks OHV Park, Genoa, NE, June 9th & 10th

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headworks OHV Park, Genoa, NE, June 9th & 10th

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Hurycne

yea..things a job will do to you. Hadnt rode my DS in years. Dont let sit for a year Dave!</end quote></div>

When can we expect to see your beast run again?

Old 06-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

Hurycne, Now here is an old name I have not seen on here in a long time. How are you doing?

Old 06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Well howdy stranger

Old 06-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing

Scooby, what place did you finish?</end quote></div>

Who made the fastest and quickest pass? Watch the videos when they are posted. How mcu did TheBom's bike wieghs 300 something mine weights 500 something and I was right there, something doesn't add up does it?</end quote></div>

You are amazing. People give you compliments and you come back with excuses and boasting you really accomplished something by losing by at least 2 bike lengths. Maybe you need some thicker glasses than you already have so you can get the big picture!!! You bragg coming into this event you can beat anything and now that you lost you bring up the weight issues. Like someone already said lighten it up or shut up!!! You lost live with it and quit crying. As far as the Drakester bike and you go you beat the black YFZ by a couple of lengths I put about 5 lengths on that bike with the Drakester's and ran neck and neck with the BOM on a lightened OEM DS and we are not on here crying about getting beat by a light weight drag bike. Show some class accept the compliments you were given without coming on here whining.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

everybody has an excuse when they get beat!

Old 06-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I didnt lose to anyone in Nebraska ALLLLL weekend. Nor did I lose to anyone in Wisconsin or Illinois or Kentucky. I wasnt there, but thats besides the point!!!!!

Im not a big fan of the " I told ya so's", but I told you so!!

RAW is right, take the compliments, you have an extremely unique machine, no need for all the other BS.

Gary

Old 06-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, I was there taking pictures and watched alot of runs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The turbo DS in my opinion was the fastest 4 stroke there. When it was on it really moved. My hats off to your build and it is just my opinion. The turbo ds appeared to be a much more usable design yet competitive. The bomb did have two excellent runs to win and beat the other nos ds by a full length. Everyone there that competed had really put in some big time and investment and it was great that it could be shared with us less able to. My only negative comment about the genoa event was damn those kids are loud at night and reckless during the day. I'm amazed nobody got killed.
The bomb put another ds creation of his in the drink on late Saturday, apparently it was more important to win than to shut down. I would have seen it but I was fishing out someone who put their 600 grizzly in the same drink further down and floated it upside down. My brother used his tow strap more in three days than he has in the last 5 years pulling others out. He brought his grizzly 660 with 28" dirt devils.
I brought my bone stock renegade and it did ok. I could not get any sand tires that fit 12" rims as I will not run the ITP's and the aerospeeds are out of stock nationwide until June 22. The stock atrs worked only marginally in the wet sand. In the wet sand I could run with about 1/3 of the 450's that were modded, but in the powder sand I would just spin and spin. Still the 4wd kicked the two wheelers capabilities on the steep hills where numerous sport quads would get stuck because they didn't get a big enough run, I could start at the bottom and power my way up.
The atv pull was disappointing. Who ever ran an atv pull in the sand? The course deteriorated and the organizers wouldn't even clear the pile made by the previous pull so the skid would hit it and stop in the same place, over and over again. I realize this was a free event to enter and had no prize money. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm from Iowa where we take our pulling seriously. I guess I just expected a more level setup where the best machines would win and not such randomness as to whether the track had been graded prior to your run. In Iowa it is always graded and packed before each run. I did not compete nor did my brother after we saw how it was being run.
Overall the event was ok, especially considering the task of trying to organize the volunteers needed to put on an event of this scale. I plan to be back in the fall with custom sand tires and the renegade built to beat those punk kids on their 450's. I can run with them on grass or dirt right now, just have to adapt to the light sand.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:04 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I am posting vids on planet sand right now.

Scoobys bike ran better in 300 ft then I figured it would. He never raced draksters bike. If he would have he would have gotten beat. Plain and simple.
Go check out the vids scooby.....

Old 06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bad350twin

I will definitely give credit to his bike! I wish i could have raced him... Everytime i went out to drag he was not there.

I sure wish i would have been able to race on sunday with a bar on my bike, unfortunately that didnt happen.

Drakester.... i would love to meet up again sometime and do some racing for sure, hopefully next year me and Lakers bikes can be there and keep the pipes on! lol</end quote></div>

We do need to get together for some more racing

Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well I must of pissed some people off with my post. I'm sorry. There were some unintentional mis-statements (from both "sides"). Forget about it.

I saw the videos. The only fair conclusion from the videos is that all 3 DS's were setup pretty even, anybodies race, agreed? Given more racing, we MIGHT or MIGHT NOT of been able to narrow it down a bit further than that without a timing system. Of course, TheBom and Drakester came in 1st and 2nd, I was not able to finish the races but had one pin left. Congrats to TheBom and Drakester. This was some good racing and an excellent track.

One last comment to Choose. I don't appreciate the prior false statements about my DS's ability or my ability or a turbo'd bike's ability to run 300 foot drags. I've proven those statements false at this event. You could at least acknowledge the truth instead of focusing on who was .05 to .1 sec slower or faster on any given run.

Here are some of the videos thanks to AMD:

Scooby 1

Scooby 2

TheBom vs Scooby

Drakester and thebom

Drakester and thebom 2

drakester and thebom 3

drakester and thebom 4

Quick Reply: Headworks OHV Park, Genoa, NE, June 9th & 10th