CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Renegade 800 X coming!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renegade 800 X coming!!

August 23rd release date, don't tell anyone you got the info from me....hehehe

Old 06-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

They need to have this color [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

I've been looking all over everywhere trying to find a black one like I've seen on the web and can't seem to find them anywhere ... how did you all get it in black like that? I want black on black and plan on racing it.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

Actually ... I have quite a few questions around the gade and was hoping to get some additional answers about it before I buy an '08. ;-)

The questions I have are as follows:
1. Why no black (the obvious question)?
2. How do you get to the '08 Parts Cat? I wasn't able to locate it on their site.
3. What kind of break-in is there on the belt drive? I've never had one of the quads driven by the belt and always looked for shaft driven so the belt tends to scare me away.
4. Is the gade worth all the $$$ they ask for them?
5. Are the Can-Am units reliable? NOTE: I've always owned Honda so I'm used to paying for stuff (see #4 above) but I was willing to do so because they have always lasted forever, thus this question.
6. Is the gade a good unit for Utility racing in harescrambles?

Thanks in advance and I can hardly wait for the new '08s to be available. I've been holding out for an '08 and can HARDLY wait. The next 2 months can't go bye fast enough.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:27 PM
TPR
The Champ

I can tell you that Can-Am, IMO is right there with Honda as far as durability goes. Break in for a belt drive is no different than the Hondamatic. It is shaft driven, the difference is the power is transferred from the motor to the tranny via a belt drive like most other auto quads. Honda uses a hydraulic setup which is unique to them.

As far as utility racing, just look at how it's fraternal twin the Outlander does in GNCC and WPSA events. They are doing quite well.

TPR

Old 07-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

I've been noticing '08 Can-Ams for sale on the internet, yet my dealer says not until the end of August at the earliest. Is that all due to shipping delays in my area? I want to see the new '08 in person before going off and spending an pile of $$$, but don't want to wait forever and a day either until they get a unit in that isn't sold already.

In addition to availability, I have a co-worker who's buddy has an '07 and said that he liked his at first but he said the more he rides it the more the renegade feels like it's 800lbs rather than 600lbs. Have others who own this unit had similar thoughts?

Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Feels like 600lbs to me. You can jump it, easy to wheelie, very good power to ratio, take whoops like no other 4x4. Pretty impressive for a 4x4 thats supposely to feel like 800lbs?!?!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Trailblazer

That's what I wanted to hear Steveo. Everything I've read says it is a great machine, but then started hearing about some of the things like the weight and how it feels, the need to add all the protection/guards to the frame due to bending, etc. I've always rode Honda or Yamaha and never had any problems, just the regular oil changes, but the Can-Am really draws me in. Thanks for the response ...

Old 07-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Another weak frame believer. You get a skid plate for the same reason you'd want one on any other atv, to prevent the bottom from getting banged up, not because it's weak. The aluminum floor board supports are weak though, fortunately the Ricochet skids cover them completely as well. The only complaints I have about mine is that the front wheels ding easily, which creates some air loss through the bead and eventually a flat tire, it doesn't always want to start in gear, and the chassis has developed an annoying squeak sound. That's it. Handles like an overweight sport quad but the power more than makes up for that. I actually think mine rides bettter the faster I go on it. Bonus the headlights are bright, very bright, and gets attention where ever I go. The air filter is also fairly easy to clean, once you get to it. That front cowling is a pain in the *** to get back on and fit just right though. One more con, it gets hot between your legs in the summer, down right uncomfortable riding it in weater greater than 80 degrees. nice in the Winter thought [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] keeps you warmer. Can Ams are going to dominate the market place. I loved reading the last Dirt Wheels issue that including a letter someone wrote about them printing the wrong weight for the Renegade, but what they didn't mention was that they forgot to apologize for staing it wasn't really two hundred lbs more than a Grizzly. They still say the Renegade is close to 700lbs, but in fact they mention the Grizzly was only 600lbs dry in the article. They still aren't saying the two are about the same weight.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

The frame is a issue, but i do believe is beefier in the front?

Quick Reply: Renegade 800 X coming!!