CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Renegade 800 X coming!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default Renegade 800 X coming!!

Looks like it only covers the main chassis, not the footwells. BUMMER!

Old 08-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

they will have footwell skids available seperately that fit perfectly with the x-package skids

Old 08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Range Rover

hey kas379 how would you compare the renegade to the wolvernie? i am looking to upgrade to a sport 4x4 and was looking at both of them

Old 08-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Good question, my Wolverine isn't as squeaky, doesn't really squeak at all like the swingarms on the Renegade. The Renegade is about twice as strong, they both ride a little rough over uneven rocky terrain, but the Wolverine is worse. The Renegade is a little more comfortable, but the Wolverine fits smaller people a little better. If your over 5' 09" riding while standing and looking forward can become bothersome to your neck. The Renegade feels a little more stable too on off cambers and going down hill too, I think so anyway. The biggest difference is power, the Wolverine is about 28hp stock I think, and the 800 Renegade is 62 HP stock, and I'll bet the 500 Renegade is going to pull a little harder than the Wolverine too. If you look at the dyno comparison between and Outlander 500 and the 450 Kodiak, the Outlander is a little stronger. If you're looking for a fun go anywhere do anything machine for a lot less that 9k, a Wolverine is a blast. As long as you don't mind a mild powerband and 50mph top speed. If you want power and speed at any cost, go with a Renegade or even the 500 Renegade. One thing you might want to keep in mind that most people fail to realize is the Wolverine may only have about 8 inches of ground clearance, it's never less than that even when the suspension compresses. The Renegade will bottom out in the rear if you drive hard into and out of a sharp dip and the 12 inches of ground clearance, (more like ten really) can bottom. Straight axles do have and a few pros in comparison to IRS. The Wolverine shifts into gears easier than my Renegade and my biggest complaint about the Wolverine, power aside of course, is the brakes are a little mushy and it gives a rough bouncy ride over rocky terrain, the stiff seat doesn't help either, and it's a little nose heavy. Otherwise, it's a blast to ride, it's fun and compact, squeazes through some tight trees too, and it's relatively affordable. The power is very mild which can be a good thing in technical terrain, and instead of having a high and low range, I'd say they gave it a mid range. Any questions I'd be happy to answer anytime.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Range Rover

thanks kas379 for the info. i think i am leaning towards the renegade 500. a local dealership had both there sitting by each other so i got a change to compare. i will probably try them out when i get closer to buying.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

They need to have this color

</end quote></div>

Was this one painted by the owner, of bought in this color?

Old 08-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: spiffinmaine

thanks kas379 for the info. i think i am leaning towards the renegade 500. a local dealership had both there sitting by each other so i got a change to compare. i will probably try them out when i get closer to buying.</end quote></div>

Old 08-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: spiffinmaine

thanks kas379 for the info. i think i am leaning towards the renegade 500. a local dealership had both there sitting by each other so i got a change to compare. i will probably try them out when i get closer to buying.</end quote></div>

That's probably a good choice without going broke trying to pay for the 800, but remember, the 500 is still significantly heavier than a Wolverine. Don't think I'm trying to tell you to buy one or the other, I like them both, so between those, I really am impartial. I think the Wolverine would ride a lot better over rough terrain with different tires, maybe Carlisle AT489's if you want to stick with OEM tire size and I would personally. They should improve the ride over the OEM Maxxis. The Wolverine is much more affordale, but the power doesn't compare to the 800 for obvious reasons of course, and I'm sure the 500 Renegade is even a little more spunky. Both Renegades will feel more stable though. One more big strong piont I forgot to mention about the Renegade is, if you do night riding, the lights are awefully bright, as a matter of fact, they're about twice as bright compared to the Wolverine which are barely adequate for night riding as far as I'm concerned. I still like it though. It's fun, affordable, and without question the Wolverine is very durable for what you pay, and you wont get stuck or hung up where you would have with a sport 2wd either.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

kas379

My trailing arms squeked from the factory took it back at the 10 hours service and they took it apart and greased it. No issied now after putiing 300 miles on it after. I can't eblive i have over 500 miles on mine now in about a month.

Quick Reply: Renegade 800 X coming!!