CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

hit a tree on my outty 800 going 70mph

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 04:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hit a tree on my outty 800 going 70mph

Just glad your ok, If you cant get anything out of the outlander, Id be interested in the wheels and tires, if you decide to part it out. Im not sure if I can believe it was a 70 mph crash, but I can believe it was over 40. It bent some serious frame there, but nowadays frames are thinner and easier to bend. I flipped my old raptor 350, but all I did was break a tie rod and it was flipping at around 30ish. Sorry to hear about the incident, just glad it was the ATV that took the brunt of the crash, I just had a friend killed on a motorcycle because of a deer running infront of him, so any powersport/motorcycle incident shakes me up. Yes he was wrong by drinking, but people do bad things, some worse then others, and sometimes you cant even think what your doing. Whats done is done, and hopefully it doesnt happen again. There is no need for him to be "locked up" unless he was truly driving his ATV illegally and was excessively intoxicated. Keep all your rude comments to yourself to all the people who say he is such a dumba$$.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Range Rover

My wife was hit head on by a drunk driver. Anyone that wants to, can tell her that besides nearly being killed, the scars, surgeries, collapsed lung, spleen removal, pins inserted on both legs and losing 2" of height to cut the femur to even them out and the learning to walk agian, is no big deal be my guest.

Oh, and let's not forget he had no insurance.</end quote></div>

Like I said.........................

Old 06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

Something you might want to think about besides your wrecked ATV, your own minor injures or even thanking whatever deity you worship that local rescue crews weren't scraping your internal organs and integument from a large unmovable object.

You could have killed an innocent person or persons. All because you got tanked up, got on your ATV and went screaming down the road. They could have been killed because of you. You could have killed some innocent family on their way home. Because you were drunk.

If you wish to get all tanked up on your own property and ride ***** out on your ATV that's your business. Go down the liquor store, buy a keg, stop off at 7-11 buy 10 gallons of unleaded and gas up the Outty and make a night of it. Get blind drunk, pin the throttle, open her up to 75mph and ride through the woods naked as long as you stay on your own property and don't disturb any one else. That's your right.

If you tag a tree at 75 then you pay the price for your stupidity. No one else has to die but you since you're doing it on your own property and you aren't endangering anyone else. Just don't take an innocent person with you.</end quote></div>

Amen brother! The 70+mph is a lie though.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Fulltiltrider

Man that sucks. I hope the SOB spent a good bit of time in jail for that. My simpethies my friend</end quote></div>

Karma took care of it.

He did the same thing 2 years later to someone else, and this time, he was killed in the accident.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: raptorSE

we all make mistakes. just leave it at that

lmfao call the cops on him WTF your a idiot go away that was the most idiotic thing i have ever read on this forum ... lol attemped murder your acting like he got drunk and ran though a daycare parking lot jumped the fence hit a old lady and killed the prized rose bush

hi welcome to earth blow stuff out of proportion MUCH?!?!</end quote></div>

Drinking and driving is not a mistake. It is a concious effort.
Not acting like anything, your example COULD have happened. To someone in your family.
And nope, don't blow anything out of proportion, just call it like I see it. I'm glad that you have the right to disagree, that means tha I didn't waste my 20 years in the Marine Corps.

Maybe the next time this guy gets drunk and goes blazing a trail it will be through your camp, maybe then you will see if it's "just a mistake" or if your develop a concious about such matters.
As a Substance Abuse Counseling Officer I can tell you that drinking and driving is not a mistake. It doesn't just happen. Visit your local court some day and see how your PEERS feel about this. Maybe it's time for you to join the norm.
Semper Fi

Old 06-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

We all know that a lot of people choose to "tank up" and ride....many of the lifeflights to Yuma from Glamis or Buttercup are the direct result of the decision to drink and ride. A lot of the bad press deals with is a direct reflection of the staggaring number of tragedies associated with this poor choice doctors and surgeons deal with every year.

The laws that govern drinking and driving, or operating any kind of motorized vehicle under the influence, are written in the blood of many innocent victims. I never like to hear about someone getting hurt doing what they love, yet I have little sympathy for people that maim themselves as a result of drinking and driving and I've got to agree with other responsible forum members that have said so...

I'm not holier-than-thou nor a saint...I am a resposible husband, Dad, brother, son who chooses not to ride after I've had a couple and I hope, STEVE1819, that you are ready to thank you lucky stars and commit to doing whats right and encourage others in your riding group to do the same...for your sake and others, ride where it's legal and ride sober!

Old 06-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: raptorSE

well steve1819 alot of poeple DONT like you in this thread

we all make mistakes. just leave it at that

lmfao call the cops on him WTF your a idiot go away that was the most idiotic thing i have ever read on this forum ... lol attemped murder your acting like he got drunk and ran though a daycare parking lot jumped the fence hit a old lady and killed the prized rose bush

hi welcome to earth blow stuff out of proportion MUCH?!?!</end quote></div>

These are the words of an addict. It's not like he ran through a daycare parking lot. But what if he did? He was retarded enough to get on a bike intixicated on a paved public road, and then come on a public forum and brag about it, why would we not think he could not be so irrisponsible to do the grave act described above. If you are justifying this act for another person I can only assume you would use the same warped logic in your own decisions. You should consider talking to someone about your own situation. You are obviously not thinking clearly. Is this due to substance abuse in your own situation?

Also I know school just got out for the summer, and I'm sure you will be out on the streets using the crack logic you have so far displayed. If you wouldn't mind letting everyone know what city you are in currently and also any summer vacation destination locations, we can be sure to stay off the streets, OHV's, and dirt roads of the area, until school starts back up in a september that is. Only 2 more years until you graduate![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Range Rover

Like I said before, too many idiots in this world!

Old 06-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Good loordy.

I aint holier than no one.. I made my share of mistakes. But for pete's sake. If your one of them people that makes poor decisions drinkin.
DON'T DRINK PERIOD.

If you have to drink..
PUT THE KEYS AWAY..

All this what if forcasting is bullshit. Leave that in gods hand and keep the *****ing government outta it.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

you make a choice to go out that door in the morning we make choices to go left or right run that light or stop. MAYBE thats like IF it hasnt happen might not ever happen and im not losing sleep thinking about it.

Quick Reply: hit a tree on my outty 800 going 70mph