CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

hit a tree on my outty 800 going 70mph

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hit a tree on my outty 800 going 70mph

3:00 am in the middle of the night, raining, drunk, going way too fast, I was holding the throttle wide open on the highway.. I went around a really sharp turn and realized I wasn't going to make it, barely missed the guard rail and slid into a tree, I jumped up in the air just enough for my now-totaled outlander to hit the tree and me not to. I don't exactly remember what I slid into because I hit something that knocked the wind out of me, probably just the ground. but I got a bruised rib.. and that's it.

now, the outty..

picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
picture 4
picture 5
picture 6

btw: I meant to say I was going around 70 when I realized I was going to fly off the road.. and nooo **** I learned my lesson.. dumbest thing ive ever done, and I'm pretty sure god was the only one on my side in that situation. I don't even know how I let myself drink and get on a machine in the first place.. oh well, it is never going to happen again, drinking in the first place is not the way to go.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default hit a tree on my outty 800 going 70

Saw the title and thought. . . that poor tree! (I've seen what a DS can do to a tree!)

Then I start reading your post and I start thinking. . . I hope you didn't spill your beer!

Now I see the pictures and think. . . you are going to need more beer! Yikes.

Drink a 12-pack and get the hammer out. with a little blured vision I'm sure it will look fine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Dang. . . sorry to hear about this. At least no one was hurt! Looks like someone is going to be tearing an Outlander down to the frame and getting a new one along with some other parts!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:40 AM
Trailblazer

omfg ouch i think it will pull out tie the rearend to that tree and other to a truck

but atleast your ok

i have a pic on my page i hit a 7in round tree doing about 30 wheelied in to it

Old 06-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

I feel your pain... Keep the barley popz for after!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Trailblazer

Did you learn anything?

Old 06-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

Problem 1. Why ride like an idiot on the roads. People like you are the reason we are loosing our riding lands and the reason the popo are on us like white on rice.

Problem 2. Why get hammered and get on any machine is beyond me.

Problem 3. Now your 8k dollar machine doesnt look like it is worth 1500 now.

Looking at the pics, How does that make you feel.

Sorry to be so crude, but seriously be responsible so the rest of us can have fun riding for years to come.

GLAD YOU WEREN'T HURT TOO BAD. I hate to see anyone get hurt doing what they love.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

The first thing I though when I started reading the post was "Damn, MOTOF150 is back under a different name!!!!". He'd be proud of you for being a real man: drinking and driving .. hoooyaah. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Then I realized, no it can't be MOTOF150, he detests belt driven quads because they are inferior and junk ???

We all do stupid things from time to time and I hope that this, which could have ended your days (not just your quad), has wisened you up a touch. Glad you didn't get hurt too bad.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Alchohol and bikes are not a good mix. I have been there done that when I was younger and paid the hospital and repair bills now as soon as I start drinking I stop riding I just sit and watch my boys race.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

While I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt, I do have to wonder.

My wife shares the road with someone who drives in this condition on an atv. What are they like when they get behind the wheel of a car?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: raptorSE

omfg ouch i think it will pull out tie the rearend to that tree and other to a truck

but atleast your ok

i have a pic on my page i hit a 7in round tree doing about 30 wheelied in to it</end quote></div>

How do think that will 'pull out' that thing is crushed. Hopefully Steve has full coverage on this machine so he can scrap it and start over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: hit a tree on my outty 800 going 70mph