CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Why do you use this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do you use this forum?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FatHolly

I found this place on a Google search for parts... I lurked for a year or so the joined. I check out the new topics almost everyday... although lately I have been pretty busy so I've missed a few days here and there.

Initially I joined to get ideas on new mods, and info on repairs... then I started to really enjoy f@cking with other members who would post ridiculousness.... my current manifestation is only answering questions to which I might have some insight.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

LMAO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Exactly!

Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are any of you guys old enough, or lived in a small, small town, to have had a party telephone line? Not enough copper lines. Now, one fiberglass line can carry lots of individual conversations with no problem.

There were seven houses on our party line, every house had a different ring. Our's was two long rings and one short ring. Sometimes one of the other houses would pick up even before my folks could get to the phone or maybe we weren't home. The caller would hear the phone stop ringing, say hello Mrs. Smith, and the nosey neighbor would not know what to say. You can imagine how it went from there, hello, hello, are you there, etc.

On here, sometimes I am the nosey neighbor, except for answering, just listen in on interesting topics, no make that interesting arguments. They are more fun.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes i remember the ( party Lines ) and i don't mean those 900 Numbers , i grew up in the 50's and 60's only we didn't have a phone ourself's ; but my Grandma and Grandpa who lived next door did ! I don't remember how many people were on this party line ! But There were some people who seamed tto be on the phone at the same time everyday , and the only way you could get them to let you make a call before they would hang-up and let you use the phone ; was if it was an emergency and they would give you time to make the call then they would pick - up there phone's and listen in on your conversasion ! If you lied about who you were calling they wouldn't believe you the next you asked , i know it's rude to listen in on other's call's ; but everybody did it ; it had it's advantage thought this was a close knit Neiborhood and most used it kind of like three way calling even better evryone on the party line could talk or listen in without having to pay extra for added feature's whitch they didn;t have anyway at the time ! Thing;s could get nasty at time kind of like the HatField's and Mcoy's with it came down to fueding , at the time it wasn't very funny ; but when i think about it now it can bring a smile to my face ! In those day's if you wanted a private line you had to be rich , and now you can't get a party line unless you use one of those ( 900 number's i first menitioned ) That from the memories Kawiyowee , i And evryone have a good day...........................................