CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Renegade 800 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renegade 800 Questions

I have always have 2nd thoughts of gettin the outtie instead of the gade. I know the gade is new, but the outtie has many more access. available. Also most of my rides are all dayer's and part of the nite. Useally have to carry food, liquids, tools and sometimes fuel depending on where we are goin.

But the renegade is a rare bread of sport/ut with a unique style. Couldnt be happier

Old 07-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with Steveo, getting the rear rack will greatly improve the all day trail rides.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Fella's,
I just posted pictures of the Renegade rack to my bio page (pending approval) so you can see what it looks like. It was fairly simple to install and looks good, although it's not all that big... It'll do. All I really need to carry in Arizona is WATER. It's pretty freakin' hot out here! The "Gader" has enough range that I won't really need to carry fuel. A small pack will also fit in the rack for snacks and other things. I hope this helps everyone get an idea of what the rack looks like before they buy... It's the only one I've found for the Gade.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Trailblazer

Gader ... thanks for posting the info. I don't see a bio page yet, but I'm sure that will be approved soon enough. Can you also get us some dimensions? Finally, when is the first trial run with the new rack and when will the reports be posted?

Old 07-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looks good thanks for the PICS! Yeah i live in the Mojave desert and want to be able to carry more stuff that the Gade allows me too right now.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer

I agree ... it looks pretty good on the back of the gade. Let us know how it works once you get out and get to utilize it. I'm thinking that the size would be enough for what I would need it for and may actually work better for me compared to the racks on my 450ES because it isn't too big for the stuff I have tied down.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider

The maintenance soon has to be reset at the dealer. Just had mine done several days ago. They should do it at no charge.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

After looking at the rack pics Gader provided, it made me think about possibly building my own rack and winch mounts. Anyone have suggestions around doing so? Is it wise to do so or am I off in lala land? (been there before) ;-)

Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

I think you can pull it off

Old 07-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey ATVIowa. Did you buy yet, if not here is my opinion. I was in the same spot as you trying to decide between the Gade or Outty. I think it depends on what you are going to do with it. The only time I regret not getting the Outty is when I get covered in mud because of the lack of wide fenders. But I knew that going into it so I am not complaining. Also the obvious lack of racks to do long trips. As far as I know, and please correct me if I am wrong, they are basically the same except for the suspension. I have a brute force that I rode like a motocrosser and was beating it up, but I had to have 4 wheel drive, so this seemed like the best answer. Plus lets face it, the thing looks awesome. So I would say If you are more of a trail rider that doesnt need to haul *** everywhere the Outty would be great. But if you are like me where everything is a race and dont need much gear, get the Gade.

Quick Reply: Renegade 800 Questions