CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Renegade 800 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renegade 800 Questions

I've posted a few times on this site asking for info around the Renegade and have received lots of great feedback ... so thanks for the info. I have some additional questions that I can't seem to find the answers to as follows:

Old 07-17-2007, 02:19 AM
          Pro Rider

ill try to answer all of your questions for ya.....

I havent heard of a rack for the back yet... but can-am should comin out with more access. for the gade around aug.21st, so there mite be something then.

Ive pulled a trailor for a little. The trailor wasnt too heavy and there wasnt a whole lot to pull. Everything seemed fine. Just put a trap over whatever is in the tub is needed if your goin through mud. Its a mudslinger! The gade is rated for 1300lbs.

I havent used a plow yet, cause i didnt have my winch on in the winter. I "assume" all should be well plowing. It wouldnt be from lack of power. The winch mount ive got works fine. Ive went boggin in the muskeg a few times and winch/mount did pretty good. The front bumper is no good although. Its too flimsly and needs to be reinforce or make a new 1. There is pictures of my winch setup in my gallery

Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM
          Weekend Warrior

I just ordered this rack for my renegade...

http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=p...c=1582&from=113&mfr=4

Hope this helps...

Old 07-17-2007, 04:12 PM
          Pro Rider

That rack dont look too bad... now the gade can be a work horse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2007, 09:16 PM
          Trailblazer

Thanks for the link to the rack ... it looks like it is useful and something that I could definitely utilize for the long trail rides we go on for the day.
          Do you happen to have it yet? There isn't anything about the dimensions for the rack and it looks to cover about 60 - 65% of the width of the machine in the rear. Thanks for the link and let us know how it works for you.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:48 PM
          Weekend Warrior

The rack is actually supposed to be delivered tomorrow via UPS. I'll let you know how it looks/works and how easy it is to install etc...

Old 07-18-2007, 12:11 AM
          Weekend Warrior

Take lots of pictures i need somethin before i go to utah and that rack looks perfect! I wonder how much room their is behind the seat? Dont wanna hit my butt goin through whoops.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
          Weekend Warrior

Does anyone have one of those fuel optimzers yet? Are they the equivalent of putting in a better CDI box? If not, what do they do and are they worth it? Also do you need aftermarket exhaust with them. Does an aftermarket pipe make a difference on these without an optimizer? Any other suggestions on what is available for these? I know Ron Woods has a few things and a couple of things on E-bay but that is all I have found. Other than the new link that was posted for the rack, thanks for that by the way. Any one have a suggestion on how to turn off the " MAINTENANCE SOON" banner I keep getting on my dash- without having to bring it to a shop? Also, where can I get the winch mount? My dealer doesnt seem to have one yet. Now for my gripes..........rims seem to be soft and lack of accessories out yet. Also the rubber grommet on the top of the gas tank for the vent tube was tore. But didn't find out until I got water in my tank from crossing a river and had to be pulled out.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:20 PM
          Pro Rider

I put on the HMF penland pipe with the dobeck chip. I like the sound of the pipe, not overly loud. I havent rode it much yet since ive been away at work for the last few weeks. Hope to ride it in a week or 2!

There still is a lack of access. for the gade. Many ppl have been tryin to make their own winch setup, fender extenders, rack and etc. Hopefully some aftermarket company with invest into the gade soon!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:04 PM
          Trailblazer

I've been thinking about the Renegade situation quite a bit and I'm curious what others think. Do you think it will fall to the same demise of the scramblers that were a cross between ute and sport? Don't get me wrong, I still see quite a few of them, but they just haven't taken off and seem to be a fad that comes and goes over time where a true sport and a true ute machine are always there. Maybe the gade will do better, but that is one of my concerns and why I'm debating on going the outlander or something similar route in a ute.

Quick Reply: Renegade 800 Questions