CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Are we going to DS Days?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are we going to DS Days?

We should be there some time in the AM on Friday now and will be there until Monday. Have another DS coming with our group he has had it for about a year now and we think we have him talked into coming. We also have some other friends coming so save us a big spot.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hello again everyone, yes its me.... just wanted to say that I met DSengineer yesterday at Hot august nights car show in Reno Nevada . he was nice enough to come up and say hello. it was the second time I had seen him in several years and he said something that got me thinking about my present situation on this forum which he may not even remember saying and which I wont repeat. after stewing on it for a while I realized that I handled things poorly let myself be run out of this site by a couple guys who seem to like to stir up conflict just to see how far they can get a bad situation to go and I let them win. (didnt mention any names) forums like this arent supposed to be a place to blow off steam but rather to relax and share info regarding our obvious passion for this sport and more specifically the DS650. also, life long freindships are made and riding buddies found or for some maybe this place is just a pleasant 30 minute lunch time of reading. unfortunately for a special few these forums seem to be a place to randomly take out their frustration with life on others or it sems to be a venue for these special few to try and make up for emotional or perhaps even mental or physical short comings .(again no names) it was never my intension to come on this site to make enamies or start conflict or bring stress upon myself or others . I just wanted to meet people with similar interests and compare notes and see and learn from other peoples builds and experiences. I also feel I have contributed info that may have helped some as well and am also proud to say that I feel that I have in a very small way changed the small DS world. I personally know of no one before me who installed any street bike motor in a ds chassis and feel that if you asked anyone who has a big motor DS conversion where they first saw one and what initially sparked the flame to start a giant project like ripping apart a sweet machine like a 650cc DS and cut it all to pieces and invest thousands of dollars constructing something totally new and outrageous they would most likely say" it was all their own idea" but they would probably be thinking it was because they saw one of my first bombusas. I have shared 100s of pics and all the info I could with lots of you and have sent many of you parts and spent hours on the phone helping anyway I can just because I enjoy seeing how other people do things differently and seeing cool inovations that I can perhaps incorporate into my next build and like seeing more and more people sharing a more similar interest with mine. anyway, I feel I have done this forum more good than harm and do miss being here . becuase there are a lot more good people in this forum than bad I feel that the good by far outweighs the bad and I am coming back . the reason I posted this here instead of in a new thread is because most of the best beople on this forum have posted right above my post and they are the ones I think the most of and I also wanted to say that I will be at sand mountain on laborday from tuesday through sunday or monday and will be camping off by myself with my regular group but will drop by to say hello and look forward to riding with you guys. for those of you who are curious who the "special few" are that I have mentioned above, I'm sure they will imediately let them selves be known by their response to my post. anyway, Dragon, cynick, Aceisback, pipelayer and the rest of you, its good to be back and be able to associate with you guys again and I will try and behave myself and not let others get to me and not let this happen again.. lifes to short. look forward to seeing you all in the sand. Gregg

Old 08-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

Glad your back SST I will see you at the MT

Old 08-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Good to see you back SST can't wait the turbo busa run again![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome back Gregg. Good deal, and you said it well. Looking forward to seeing you again, and watching that puppy fly up the hill.....

Brenten

Old 08-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome back Gregg. Good deal, and you said it well. Looking forward to seeing you again, and watching that puppy fly up the hill.....

Brenten

Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

It is great to hear from you again Gregg. And can't wait to see ya again. See ya at the hill.

By the way me and Seth were just talking about you today and I was gonna get on tonight and PM you in the hope to get a response. But I am glad you will be in Fallon.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

????? SST,,,, (cave man) W W H A TT???? LOL LOL.. Mark says hello?!?! Can't wait to run with you FAST boys ...Looking forward to seeing every one. I'll be there Sat. Earily eve.
Curtis don't let the cat out of the bag yet!!
I will in due time

Bud

Old 08-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Glad to see you back, Gregg. I appreciated your post.

Ron

Old 08-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys, Glad to be back. so is everyone still going to SM nevada for laborday? I saw jed and some of his group were thinking about heading to saint anthonys and I guess nut was saying he was afraid it might be 105 degrees so he wasnt going to make it. bud I think you already let the cat out of the bag if you are refering to the 1000 motor you are sending off to some performance shop to have hopped up or the 1000 with nitrous you are putting together . by the way nut , I have been at sand mountain NV for laborday weekend for at least the last 7 years and it has never been over 95. if it gets that hot we generally ride in the morning till maybe 11:30 or so , then eat lunch and hangout at camp in the heat of the day and eat popcicles in the shade or watch a movie with the air on till around 4 or 5 then go riding again. man! you guys are all sure showing up late in the week. I will have been there 4 days when most of you show up.

Quick Reply: Are we going to DS Days?