CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

St. Anthony - Summer of 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Anthony - Summer of 2008

There was some talk during DS Day's on when some of us had made our reservations. Thought I would let you all know what we had on the books.

This will be a family trip for us. Hopefully others can make the trek.

St. Anthony has some of the best dunes and there are a lot of other family things to do in the area. . . easily can fill a couple weeks!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider

We should be there at about the same time with the group that we go with. I will know more in a couple of months for sure but that looks about right. Staying at Sand Hills Resort. I will let you know our for sure dates when I know for sure.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are scheduled to go to St. Antony's the first week of August, not sure how set in stone my friends are on that date, I will look into it.

There will be at least three families in our group when we come up, maybe as many as 6.

Its good to start planing a big (for us 1900 miles) trip early.

Scott

Old 09-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont forget about Labor day next year in St Anns.

But since I am so far away, I will see you guys there both trips.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

So is St Ann's set in stone for DS Days 2008? I think this was a campfire decision that I missed out on. I'll start saving up now if so, a little further than NV or UT. Will have to split fuel more than two ways for that one!
See ya'll there.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

If its on Labor Day weekend for us it will be tight due to school schedules. I know that moving DS Days has been taboo in the past, but with so many of us having long long hauls to Idaho is this a possibility?

Old 09-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

We pretty much asked most everyone that was there and I think nobody said no so I think it is St. Ann's Labor Day 2008. But if anyone else wants to chime in that would be ok.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

With around 38 hours drive time it would make for a very short weekend, but I do understand the tradition. We will still try to coordinate our trip to St. Anthony's with fellow DSers.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dang. . . here I go. . . I'm going to contridict myself. . .

Labor Day for St. Anthony for me and I think a few others just isn't going to work. I just can't make the 14 hour drive each way for a 3-day weekend. . . not enough vacation time and St. Anthony is a Family trip for me (Daughter is in school!)

DS Day's has always been Labor Day Weekend.

1st. I like the idea of changing DS Day's every other year from Sand Mt. (I still hold that DS Day's should be at Sand Mt. every other year - on Labor Day - But, that's another discussion for next year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ).

2nd. It has been to Sand Mt., UT so, I think St. Anthony is a great pic. I wasn't in the camp when the decision was made but, I'll go along with it!

3rd. When can those that do regularly come actually make the trip?

We may be able to switch dates now but, we won't go the week of July 4th. I don't want to deal with that many people.

So, if this date works. . . great. If there is another date that works better. . . speak now. PLEASE!

If you feel DS Day's should be Labor Day, I can't argue that. In fact, I agree (I seriously don't think I can make it but, I still agree.)

I hope we haven't opened a can of worms. . .

I'll say this now (and won't edit it out - promise!) If the choice is for DS Day's for Labor Day Weekend at St. Anthony, I won't put up a fight. It isn't worth it. I don't want to get worked up and I don't want to see anyone else get worked up.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

DuneMe,
I agree with you 100%. We can't make it on Labor Day, but I am not asking it to be changed. Especially this far out when so many things can change.

Our trip next summer will be for at least 10 days giving us 6 days there to play in the dunes.

Quick Reply: St. Anthony - Summer of 2008