CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just bought a new Can-Am

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007 | 01:10 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Just bought a new Can-Am

Just took delivery of a new Renegade 800. Have not had a chance to take it out except for a ride down the street. Several of my buddies have seen it and they love it so far....

Gonna take it out this week-end and see how it does....

Old 09-26-2007 | 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

Let us know how it rides, and welcome to the forums

Old 09-26-2007 | 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

Curious to know how it runs. Heard some really great things about that bike. Congrats and welcome.

Old 09-27-2007 | 12:26 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I heard there are some pretty simple mods to do with quads. Since it is fuel injected I was told that I could add a plug and play type programmer and changing the exhaust would br another simple mod. Since I am new to all of this where should I start my search for the two things listed above???

Old 09-27-2007 | 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

There is no plug and play programmer on the market for the Outys or the Renegade. It would be easier for an after-market supplier to get into Fort Knox than the ECU on your bike....ok, maybe not that tough, lol. I think whoever told you that was talking about a dobeck or power commander (TFI's) that has the injectors squirt out more fuel because of the exhaust flowing more air, want to keep the air/fuel mixture in the right range. The TFI's are not plug and play, they need to be adjusted and tweaked. I don't know about your renegade, but the Outys are running rich already because of a canam ecu reprogram, and now guys are saying tfi's are not necessary with an exhaust since the injectors are already running too rich.

Regarding the after-market exhaust, they're all about the same, and to get anything out of them they have to be run loud (leave quiet insert out). HMF seems to be the slipon of choice for a lot of guys. Running loud can get you in trouble with the neighbors, your riding pals and the Forest Service.

Man, you sure started at the top of the line for this to be your first bike. Congrats.

Old 09-27-2007 | 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

You will enjoy the Renegade very much... there is nothing like it and its hard to match the fun factor you will have. Finally there is modz coming out for the Renegade!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2007 | 04:08 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Cool...a fellow Renegade owner. Its nice to know some people that already know a little bit about this quad.

Old 09-28-2007 | 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

I was looking into buying one, but i heard a bad thing, at my dealer they've had a renegade come back twice so far for a bent frame, hopefully it was a crazy crazy rider, but def let us know how it fares out for ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] OH by the way, as a fellow Dodge owner (i own the very first Rumble Bee, 4x4 preproduction model) that diesel sounds like one sick truck!!!

Old 09-28-2007 | 04:40 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

As far as bent frames I have not heard that, but I will keep it in mind. This is my first quad and I am a big guy so I will more than likely ride it on the conservative side. With all the various quads out there I heard numerous opinions about which ones to avoid. It almost gets to a point where you go and say nothing is perfect. For me I settled on the Renegade. I hope it holds up to its advertising. If it does not work then I will try something else next. When I bought my truck people said dont buy a Dodge because of tranny problems. I have not any problems with mine. Its funny because all of my friends that have Ford's all broke down at various times because of turbo problems. So hey who knows....

Old 09-30-2007 | 01:23 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Well I finally got a chance to take my new quad out yesterday and play around. It really ride nice and it has lots of power. I was on some steep hills and I found that it was no problem going up using 4x4. Going down was nice because it has a engine brake feature where it controls your down hill speed, pretty cool. When I accelerate hard I really have to hold on tight....There was another guy out there with Raptor 700. The Raptor is much lighter and more nimble but overall I really really like my Renegade. Alot of people gave me compliments on how sporty it looked. My buddy has a Honda 400 and when he took the Renegade for a test ride he was like wow!!! Now he wants something with more power. He said to me " I never should have got on that thing because I knew this would happen."

Now its time to start fixing it up!!!!
-Winch
-Any other suggestions you all have (I am still a noob)

Quick Reply: Just bought a new Can-Am