CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Big Bore n Stroke kits for DS650

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Bore n Stroke kits for DS650

My understanding is that Eric is working under his Oldham Machine - HPR is gone - but much of the technology he is still offering through his Machine Shop. No website that I know of

Old 10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good for Eric. He shouldn't have any problem keeping busy.

Just shot him an e-mail suggesting he look into boring the Raptor 700 Throttle Bodies. There are a number of guys doing this now. Seems like something that would be up his alley. One thing for sure, there are a lot of Raptor 700's out there that he could do.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSNUT

Eric is on his own now and is offering some very competative pricing and he works on DS's Raptors, TRX's and YFZ's to.

His website is omwracing.com.

Check him out.</end quote></div>

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone. I was trying not to say to much that I didn't know.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Why is the status of HPR so hush hush? Isn't the point of this forum to share information in regards to the DS? If a MAJOR builder goes under or whatever the heck happened I feel it would be a good topic for this forum. Also I would have a very hard time buying a kit from Eric without some reassurance from him personally. How stable is this new company.. if I buy a new kit and need parts in 2 years will he be around?

And before everyone jumps in and defends Erics name, this is business, nothing personal, I have to decide where to spend my hard earned money (AND a lot of it to build a DS). If this was Woods, Pami, TVI or whoever else my post would have been the same.

With the DS gone from Bombs lineup and the builders drying up, I am getting a little nervous... thinking it might be a good idea to lose some weight so I have some more choices[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If we talk about it here, it is gossip and heresay. If it is reassurance you need from him, talk to him. If you like what you hear, buy from him. If you don't, buy elsewhere. That is how I would handle it if I felt the way you do.

I didn't realize it was hush hush. I told you that Eric was on his own now. That is pretty open about the facts. If people want juicy details.........I have none to give.

No offense intended.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hate to get off topic, but Marky I need you to pm me your ph number, I got a question about this weekend.

Ok back to big bores.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

If we talk about it here, it is gossip and heresay. If it is reassurance you need from him, talk to him. If you like what you hear, buy from him. If you don't, buy elsewhere. That is how I would handle it if I felt the way you do.

I didn't realize it was hush hush. I told you that Eric was on his own now. That is pretty open about the facts. If people want juicy details.........I have none to give.

No offense intended.</end quote></div>

I was more referring to cynick about saying too much. Not looking for juicy details just curious as to what happened because it would influence my decision for the reasons I stated above.. that is all. And you are right calling him would be the best bet. But his customers are another good source of information.. might be a topic for a new thread but wonder if all the guys that were left hanging got taken care of? Weren't there a lot of guys looking for rings and had to hound JE to get them? That would be a HUGE hassle that I don't want to deal with.

And DSNut you were very forthcoming... thanks for the link to his new site.

-Josh

Old 10-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks man. Eric is a straight up guy and has some incredible skills. I trust him completely.

He won't take on more than he can do.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks man. Eric is a straight up guy and has some incredible skills. I trust him completely.

He won't take on more than he can do.</end quote></div>

And i'll second that!
Sometimes when in partnerships. People are stuck with what the other partner does. Good and bad.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

You cannot go wrong ordering and working with Eric. He is one of the best guys I have talked with......

Quick Reply: Big Bore n Stroke kits for DS650