CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Big Bore n Stroke kits for DS650

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Bore n Stroke kits for DS650

who are the manufacturers making these kits ? i know falicon is one but who else ? thanx in advance

Old 09-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Talk to The Bom Racing - Jeff Ross - He sells the Team Pami bore/stroke set-up that has been around the longest.

There are also a lot on here that use the HP Research bore/stroke. I'm not sure how active HP Research is these days, they had a tough spell there for a bit but, haven't heard any updates.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Eric is still up and running and doing his thing. You can get a hold of him for the 730 as well having a stroker done.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

falicon does the stroke on the crank, the builders do the specs. eric and tvi seem to be the two in the states, although it is little known that powroll has a few stroked cranks under there belt. bores there is several of those.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Stock cylinder can be bored to a 720 and plated, I wouldnt recomend it if your a 10,000 rpm rev'r and a 25plus shot of NOS, but for play dunning and cams that dont go over 9000 RPM the 720 works great!!! I run a 13 to 1 compression, cost $220 for the bore and plating.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

HP Research isn't really doing anything that I know of.

Eric oldham offers big bore strokers with all of HPR's technology plus a few new ideas that seem to be working well on the Green Goblin.

I believe Jeff Ross is still offering Pami and Ron Wood products that he sends to the Preacher for assembly.

TVI sold their dyno and I heard they weren't really pursuing the high performance ATV business anymore but it wouldn't hurt to contact them to find out for sure.

The Pami builds are the most expensive overall, TVI was the cheapest by far and Eric Oldham should fall right in the middle.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSNUT

HP Research isn't really doing anything that I know of.

Eric oldham offers big bore strokers with all of HPR's technology plus a few new ideas that seem to be working well on the Green Goblin.

I believe Jeff Ross is still offering Pami and Ron Wood products that he sends to the Preacher for assembly.

TVI sold their dyno and I heard they weren't really pursuing the high performance ATV business anymore but it wouldn't hurt to contact them to find out for sure.

The Pami builds are the most expensive overall, TVI was the cheapest by far and Eric Oldham should fall right in the middle.</end quote></div>

Ron:

I don't want to make something big of this. I'm just wondering because I've heard it before that Pami was expensive and HP Research wasn't. What does the HP Research Big-Bore Stroker cost?

I know this is a pretty open question because you start throwing in things like undercut tranny, race-head with cams/springs/etc. and all.

I've heard of $8,000 HP Research Builds and I'm sure Pami's can run that much with all the bells and whistles too (especially with the current exchange rates.)

Just wondering.

I'm sorry to say that is one of the benefits of the new bike. If I ever do decide to build it. . . I could have a strong duner for about $3,000. I don't want to price-up what it would cost to build a similarly powered DS. BUT. . . all that being said. I think I'm going to be leaving this in a pretty stock form. Fast is fun but, I don't think I can afford to keep up.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:55 AM
Trailblazer

is Bom racing the ones who do sik porting ?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Eric has changed the pricing a bit since it is just him. When I asked the Bom about Pami pricing, he referred me to the Pami website and told me to check the US dollar compared to the Euro for an exact price.

At the time (6 months ago maybe) a full on race 760 stroker was about $11,800 after the exchange rate and shipping.

Gottfried claimed that it would make about 78 hp at the rear tires.

I don't know Eric Oldhams pricing but he did tell me that it will be cheaper than the old HPR pricing because his overhead is much lower now. But even back then, you could buy an HPR800 that made 87 hp at the rear tires for $11k or a race built 730 for $8k that made 78 - 80 hp.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

So HPR is done? Who is the other Eric guy, does he have a website? I am gonna be doing a stock bore build this winter and need to know my options too.

Quick Reply: Big Bore n Stroke kits for DS650