CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds90x

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds90x

let us know how it runs in the dunes. I will be curious to see the results!!! Good Luck

Old 05-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

Rejetted up 2 sizes for pipe. Ran bad like it was to lean still?

Old 11-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x"></title><script src=

My cousin started racing his DS90x this past season at motorama in harrisburg Pa. The thing dogged in the races stock. We are working on performance, and my dad has started machining parts he made a racing swing arm that works so much better than stock. check it out here Old Skool Racing Parts and Performance.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x"></title><script src=

I purchased a '08 DS90X for my daughter's birthday (oil leaks, overheating, stalling, no power) and got a refund last week after I threatened to file a class action lawsuit against Can Am. ;D I purchased it on June 9th and it has been in the shop for all but 21 days.

I've since picked up a '08 Suzuki Ozark 250 for her that has been flawless. She is much happier with the new bike.

Dave

Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Range Rover
Default ds90x

Well, my sons blew up the rear shock on the little 90 at the dunes Christmas week. They were jumping in excess of 14 feet but only about 3 feet off the ground. The rear shock literally snapped in half. Aside from that the bike ran great all week. I'm ordering a new works shock for the rear to compliment the works front shocks I put on it. I also switch the clutch configuration but won't know how well it does until I put the new shock on it. The clutch set up is a s follows - 7g roller weights, 1000 rpm clutch spring, one clutch weight on each shoe, red clutch springs with settings at three lines. It should give me more speed without compromising the power too much.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

So is the added performance worth the cost of upgrades money for power that is?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Range Rover
Default ds90x

I think it is. Yes, the bike is underpowered in stock form. But the good thing is when you let the bike breath and make it go faster, the factory upgrades can handle the new found performance. This bike has alot of the upgrades (suspension wise) that you would do for say a stock Honda 90. It's just lacking in the power department. I bought all my parts from Maximumperformance.com and don't regret one thing I bought from them. The nice thing is if i have questions on clucth set up and email them, they are still more than willing to help me out.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Range Rover
Default ds90x

Just a heads up, I am working with the R&D department for WORKS performance to get an aftermarket piggyback rear shock for these bikes. The one I'm currently helping with will be fully adjustable. See'in how my son's blew up the stock shock I figured I'd go the extra mile to get a shock that can handle their abuse. Just an FYI, the front shocks from WORKS that fit on the Typhoon Extreme will bolt up to the front on the DS90X.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

Cool thanks i was either getting new itp wheels for my sons for his 6th b day next month or buying exhaust and clutch kit thanks for the help. So far we have had it since last late summer runs good the only thing i have had to do is sray the plug wire with silicon water was playing heck on it but other than that its been good, i will say my son started riding hs polaris 50 at 4 and i think that was almost as fast but not as nice IMO.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Range Rover
Default ds90x

I'll be posting some pics on flicker with all the upgrades I've done to my kids bike soon. The most noticeable upgrades were the CDI box and clutch kit. I also made an
elbowed adapter to install an aftermarket UNI filter on the bike. I didn't care for the stock air box and found it to be obstructing the carburetor access as well as restricting the air flow. My next item on my to do list will be to put some headlights on his bike. I spoke with some other owners as well as Can-Am reps and they said the DS90 (not the X model) headlight kit should just bolt right up. Unfortunately, new oem lights are very expensive so I've been searching the web for some used ones.

Quick Reply: ds90x