CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HMF exhaust slip-on and Dobebeck Optimizer for Renegade 800??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF exhaust slip-on and Dobebeck Optimizer for Renegade 800??

I saw a combo deal, HMF exhaust slip-on and Dobebeck Optimizer for sale on
E-Bay for $449.00. plus free shipping, for the Renegade 800

How does this improve the quad compared to stock? Where do you see the power gain? Bottom? Top?

If I dont change the air intake is that going to hurt my performance using the combo above? Would it be a waste of money buying the combo above without changing the air intake.

I saw a KN replacement filter claiming 3 hp increase!

The HMF and Dobebeck Optimizer claims 10 hp increase. So the KN flter would add 3 more HP for total of 13 HP for everything.

If the quad is stock 64 hp plus the 13 hp, in mods that would be yield 77 hp.

Am I reallly going to see a 77 hp?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make the right choice the first time. I dont want to spend $500 bucks only to find out later that I should have bought something else.

Thanks....

Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I have dynoed Outy's with the HMF. A stock one made about 42hp to the back tires (w'dyno tires)

The new updated Can-am program will not need the Dobeck .

Depending on air temp (cold) would be the only reason to add the extra fuel.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

hey Jeff, have not been able to get those jets for the 48 without special ordering them. Cant seem to find your site either...Could you pm me your site on that.

Also, i tried explaining the no need for the optimizer but im not to savvy on that....the thread is in the "adjusting the cvt". Could you lend a helping hand..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Kenny

Old 12-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I'll see what I can do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

I have seen from reports on the dyno that the aftermarket filters have not been adding any extra HP. I went with the twin air incase i go a little deep in the water and can rinse it like a cloth. I think you will get 7HP gains with the combo. Its hard to notice the difference since the gade is so snappy to start with

Old 12-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

One of the Rene/Outy owners was running his Outy (same engine/exhaust) on a dyno, he took the airbox cover off and removed the stock air filter, checked it on the dyno against previous hp, no difference. K&N filter and airbox cover back on there would certainly offer more air flow resistance. There is no measurable hp gain from using the K&N filter IMHO. Also the K&N letting more air through also lets more dust through, not good for the engine.

The HMF does not give a 10 hp increase as shown on the same dyno test. It gave 4 - 6 hp at the wheels, <u>if there is no insert in it</u>. It is illegal to ride in our National Forests without a spark arrestor and a quiet insert.

HP at the wheels is about 42 hp. Riding with a straight-thru exhaust can would give you about 46 or 47, if the dobeck was set right. Some even lose hp by not having the benefit of a dyno to set the dobeck.

If you are riding at a racetrack, the straight-thru exhaust would probably be ok. Anywhere else, even private property, and certainly National Forest, will get you a ticket, a big one in the National Forest.

Not trying to put you on a downer, I too would like more performance, but the last guy to believe is the guy that's trying to sell you something.

Some on here will tell you 'so what, so it's loud, it sounds good, to heck with that guy' (me). Well they won't be helping out with your ticket, will they?