CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days 08' St. Anthony

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days 08' St. Anthony

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DuneMe

Hey Todd:

How old is your Daughter now?</end quote></div>

Yah Mark you LALA! WHY aint you bringin up that Tom Pro to come play with me and Jeds little rigs???

Can you believe she is 8 almost 9! She loves the dunes though, so I taught her right. She is really excited to see Jeds daughter again.

Good to hear from ya. Miss the good ole boys. The Apple Pie on the other hand....NAH dont miss it.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well we made it home and had a great time.

There were some accidents but it was a good time. Thanks all for the fun.

T

Old 09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Very good time had by most in attendance. The best open dunes in North America by far. I think Kelso Dunes would give it a run for it's money but the Greenies have closed it for us. Glamis might be the closest, followed by Little Sahara Utah, Dumont is fun to say the least when it is not overcrowded, but nowhere near what St. A's has to offer.
Shared some great times and awesome rides with old friends and made new ones along the way. A couple of serious accidents took some of the luster off of an otherwise perfect weekend.
Hope those involved in the accidents have speedy recoveries. Two of them involved surgery and one has life threatening injuries. MRDS650 should be releassed from the hospital soon and I'm sure will update us all. Derick will post up as soon as he joins the forums. Updates can be found on the other gentleman on the racing forums.

Overall it was a Helluva good time. We missed some of the regulars, and the vote was thrown out there for next year and it was unanimous for Little Sahara Utah. You've got a year to plan and prepare so no excuses for anyone to have to end up at Sand Mountain Nevada next year instead of where the core group will be.
See ya'll there.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

We had a great time seeing everyone and making new friends, had some fast and furious dune rides that were a rush and some fun racing. Definately we'll see every one next year. Hope all made it home safe and wish a speedy recovery to those who were hurt, take care all!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Well it was a long time coming for me to return to DS Days. Too long. What a great time we had! First and foremost, I truelly hope a fast recovery to those injured this weekend. I know of FOUR life flights for the weekend. Thats insane! We need to be safer out there people, all of us. It's OUR responsibility to keep ourselves safe and we owe it to each other to remind those doing unsafe practices. And for goodness sakes, wear your dmn HELMETS!

Curtis, my friend, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for so selflessly helping me with the fuel injection on the rail. I did one more map Sun. morning and it ran really well after that. I think the upped fuel pressure helped tremendously as there was no more hesitations in it. The next step will be a trip to a dyno to get it fine tuned so Jed will need forth to keep up with me in second!

Jed and Matt, My Brothers, Cant say enough good things about you guys. Jed thanks for the help with the rail as well as everything else you did for us. Matt, Amy and I cant believe how much you have changed, to actually let the quads get rained on....speechless. Its a bugger what married life does to you isnt it! It was sure good to see you and Danielle (sp?). I will be in better touch, my apologies for Mon. I didn't realize you guys were headed out so early, just thought you were getting stuff ready to go. I owe ya some $$ for the trip to town in that bad a$$ (when its not in the sand) rig of yours. Now lets go make some tracks in the snow this winter boys!!

Seth and Tracy, GREAT meeting you folks and your kids. Cant wait till the next time we can get together gain. If your ever coming through this way, give me a holler! PMing you guys the phone #, dont be afraid to use it!

Everyone else, it was sure cool getting to put a face with some of these names on here. I dont have a DS anymore, but I will always be a DS family member in my heart!

DS Days 09' We will be there!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Was good meeting you Todd. We'll have to share some Kisstories at the next gathering.
"It was back in the summer of 83 there's a reason I remember it well...."
Looking forward to it. It'll be here way before we realize!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Good to see everyone again, I had a great time, it was long overdue. I dont remeber ever ridding so much in one weekend, even though it was cut a little short (woke up to the trailer being loaded around me Sunday morning)
Glad everyone made it home ok, my thoughts go out to those still struggling.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well folks, what an awesome trip. I cant say enough good things about this trip, minus the couple of accidents. I hope MrDS650 and Derrik get feeling better soon.

Me and my family had a complete blast. I'll have to chalk it up to the good company since we ride there all the time. I wish I would have been a little bit more.......well.....how would you put it........coherent, for the vote on next years Ds Days, lol. Sounds like the vote turned out good though.

Seth, sorry for not getting a dirt bike or rail ride with you, I owe ya.
Matt, we didnt get one ride in together either, you fugger. Next time.
Todd, this rail thing is going to be alot of fun. Glad you got that beast running.
Vic, thanks for the Apple pie, it fugged me up!!! Tell Casey I owe him a ride too.
Ray, ya funny bastage, cant wait to ride with you again.
Silverbomb, I still got this Tm sitting here, lol!
SLC650, you early leaving, no telling sob. We need to ride again soon!
Major, really good to see you make this trip. I think Todd owes you some "SPECIAL" favors! Wish you luck with your future.
Tracy, what can I say dear, always good seeing you and having you around. My family adores you! Thanks for just being you.

Anyhow, for all that I missed, till next time......

Be safe, ride hard, and drink one for me!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

Man, that was one of the greatest dune trips I've had to this point. It was awesome to ride with everybody. Seth, Tracy, SLC, Big Ray, Ace & Casey, Jed, Shaun & Bre, and anyone else my forgettin azz is missing. It was good to meet everyone, Demon, DSaholic, briefly MRDS650, Major & Minor Echo, and all else. Thanks all for an Awesome time. Most of all thanks to Jed and family for saving my azz and giving me a bed to sleep in, You Da Man! For all that didn't make it, you missed out, St. Anthony rules like Ace said. Best dunes I've seen. Hope all the injured recover quickly and continue to ride on!

Jed that TM has my name on it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Oh and the +4" chain. I could trade you straight over for my standard length chain or whatever you want to do. Let me know.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just come get them and we'll worry about the rest later. I dont need a Ds chain at all, so keep it for good luck or something.

Quick Reply: DS Days 08' St. Anthony