CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

exhaust end cap / tip

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 03:29 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust end cap / tip

I've seen the billet ones on ebay, and I've "heard" about Mr hp and cant find anything on that..or him. ive heard odp also?

Anyone know what works best for stock exhaust end cap??

A lot of post are saying it can be better then a slip on.

Will I be legal in a state park like silver lake sand dunes? (spark arrestor and db level)

Thanks for everyones advice and info on here! I'm obviously new and just trying to find the best cheapest mods I can do for now.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

don't think you will make the db level

Old 02-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

The HPR endcap is amazing as far as bang for the buck, but you won't make sound level restrictions with any of the open end caps that are available. The Supertrapp and ODP disced endcaps are USFS spark arrestor approved and will provide the noise level that you have to stay within.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info guys. I've tried looking up HPR endcap and cant find a site for it. anyone know where I can at least get a picture of it? and really I can't find the other end caps either, pictures and performance and price info would be great! Now I'm not so worried about db level because I just talked to my buddy and he said they never check 4strokes out there in the dunes as long as youre not reving right in front of the big dogs there. I'm lookin for the most bang for the buck as aceisback said. thanks again

Old 02-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

Get the Ebay one. I did and it gave me a nice boost of power and it's amazingly cheap. It's also really not that loud compared to a lot of pipes I've heard. Probably the cheapest and best hp for you're buck. Have you done the stock carb mods yet. Read up on the long post about the carb. I am going to do it myself tonight. I've heard it is a good boost of power for next to nothing money wise. Good luck.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

SilverBomb - yeah I read through ALL of the stock carb mod thread, and the new summary of it...don't think I sat at a computer that long ever! but I did learn a lot and I've seen a couple pics to get it fresher in my mind. I'll probably start tweakin when I get some free time and it's not so cold. The next few days here near detroit are supposed to be down to 2 degrees, -20 with wind chill so I dont plan on spending any time in the garage.

Thanks for the info tho, I just got done investigating a few other brands and the ebay one is the cheapest so far and I've heard good things from a few people. Looks like I'll be ordering once again from ebay this month!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

I've ran the ODP disc end cap at Silver Lake several times...even with 14 discs, I've never had a noise issue. Being that its a disk system, spark arrestor issues aren't a problem either.
Problem is, now that On Dunes is closed, where can someone get one...Sandbomber??

Old 02-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will pm you, I have them

Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Range Rover

That's cool but now I'm not so worried about noise, more for performance. Anyone compare an ODP discs to the open ended endcap on ebay? Like I said, lookin for best performance, not so worried about noise.

Another question, with the ODP endcap are you able to take the baffles out the muffler and still pass db levels? Just curious for future reference. I know if I take them out with the ebay end cap it will probably be loud as hell, and as far as performance I'm not sure if it's worth taking out the packing. feel free to speak your mind

Old 02-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

They will do random checks at silver lk. I had an hmf and they pulled me aside
and checked it.I registered a 99.They let me ride but said next time they wouldnt.

Open end caps with no sparky and you will be sittin and wishing you were riding.

Quick Reply: exhaust end cap / tip