CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where to buy a REALLY big pair of snap ring pliars?? (for axle carrier!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy a REALLY big pair of snap ring pliars?? (for axle carrier!)

Alright so after finally getting my axle out, I now have the issue of tracking down a MASSIVE sized pair of snap ring pliars! I called 6 places around town (half auto parts, half big name stores...menards...wally world...etc). And the biggest anybody has is for 2 inch snap rings (which I already have).

ANY ideas? I Found some on ebay that are called "JUMBO" which look like the right size but I cant swing 50 bucks for a pair of pliars im going to use ONCE (well twice...putting it back on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Any ideas?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!
Default Where to buy a REALLY big pair of snap ring pliars?? (for axle carrier!)

We did mine very carefully. I believe after much swearing and crazy use of needle noser's and a flat head we got it off. LMAO!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Harbor Freight for 10 bucks

Old 03-17-2008, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

well i think mine is pretty stuck on there... I tried hitting it with a hammer and a big flat-head and I can only get it to rotate about 1/4 inch (and it wont go any futher, nor can i tape it back to its original position). the closest I came to getting it to budge at all was with some needle nose I destroyed to try and spread it...with no luck! Just some missing skin from my fingers...

I will go check harbor freight- thanks for the tip

Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set from Snap-ON. They were not cheap, I think a 100 bucks for 2 pairs but worth every penny when I took off the snap with ease.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

ERBEIE HAS A GOOD IDEA HARBOR FRIGHT HAS A NEAT KIT FOR ABOUT 20.00 OR 4.99 FOR A SINGLE UNIT THAT WILL DO YOUR JOB.AND BY THE WAY THOSE ARE SMALL SNAP RING PLIERS YOU NEED.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Alright well I have the kit from harbor freight on its way.. It was only like 9 bucks for a set of 4!?! Thats super cheap...hopefully the largest pair (I think they are 8 or 9 inches) will do the trick... I hate seeing my quad's rear end spread out across the garage floor (and then our damn dogs go running through my neat stacked piles of parts!).

and lol @ AZ- ya i bet they get a LITTLE bigger huh? As far as the stores around here are concerned, a 3 inch + snap ring is unheard of! Two different places told me "ya sure, no problem- we have them!" only for me to get there and find the same damn 6 inch set I already own that clearly state on the box "for retaining rings up to 2 inches"

THanks for the help guys - hopefully I can get her back together when I come back home from school again on thursday. I have been so damn bored not being able to finish this job I ended up re-painting my fenders and lowering my suspension a bit.