CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Renegade 800?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renegade 800?

Ok, I am getting a new ATV. My first decision was a sport or ute.. I have friends that have both, I want to be able to ride trails and have speed when i need to if im riding with my sport friends. I also want to have something that will have the power and clearence to not get stuck.

So, I have been looking and I think I have it narrowed down to 2, but am open to any opinion. So, the two that I am looking at is Can Am Renegade 800, and the new King Quad 750.

I was pretty sold on the Can Am until I started checking around and it seems like they are having problems with the belt slipping and the frame breaking.

Open to opinions....

Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default Renegade 800?

If you want the best of both worlds get the Renegade 500 or 800!

Old 04-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Renegade 800?

What about all the problems that people have had with them? The frame isnt covered under warranty and there are reports about them breaking and bending. Not sure its worth the risk. It was for sure the one I wanted until I heard about this. Now I am having to think about it.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Range Rover
Default Renegade 800?

... is your car frame covered under warranty if you collide with a tree? nither is the Quad frame.. buy insurance if you want that kind of coverage, or drive careful and don;t hit a tree. I have yet to see a post for a renegade frame bending where the driver has not had some kind of Driver error related collision... maybe I;m not looking at the right posts, but I have yet to see that.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.
Default Renegade 800?

The only frame problems have been because of abuse. For every post you read about the frame, there are thousands of owners that have not had a problem, me included. An that is with 2700 miles of hard rideing. Yes , put skids if you are going to rock crawl. Belts slipping? Only if they played submarine without snorkling, just like everuy other brand. Ride them them both and the choice will be easier.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default Renegade 800?

I am not sure on this but I'v herd that if you put the skid plate on it this reinforces the frame! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I'v rode the 800 it is a pretty amazing quad!!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Renegade 800?

I condensed two bikes into on with my gade. Had a sportsman 500 and a DS650X. I dont regret it for a second! Took it to the dunes and could hang pretty good with 450's and go anywhere my buddies and their polarises go in the rocks. If you want power get the Renegade. I put full skids on mine and after a couple rides i think im gonna wear them out before i wear out my Bighorns lol.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default Renegade 800?

I too have had the pleasure of riding the Renegade 800. Power is NOT a concern with this beauty. Heck, nothing much is a concern with this machine. I have heard nothing but praise on it from pros to joes. It handled well, floated the tires with a blip of the throttle, slowed down nicely, and moved seemlesly.

I also have to agree that I've never heard of the frame bending just from average trail abuse. The frame is ultra modern and unlike most others but I don't think BRP made a $10,000 quad that will bust under pressure. Imagine all of the law suits they would have. Surely it would end their super comeback.

To play devils advocate, I've heard a lot of praise on the new KQ750 and all of the improvements as well. But I can promise you, these two quads are not in the same catagory. If there is a chance you will want to do some work with your quad and haul stuff around on racks etc, go for the KQ. If you want gnarly speed that raises the pucker factor off the chart go with the BRP.

I do recommend skids on any quad that sees above average trail abuse. Do I have them? Nope, not yet, but I don't ride it like I stole it either.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Renegade 800?

I really appreciate all the replies from you guys. This is why I posted this. I wanted to get opinions from as many people and places as possible. I have posted this on other boards, and the response is usually good towrds the Renegade.

Matt, your right. If its just been abuse, that can happen to anything. If I do go with the Gade, I will get full skids for sure.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Renegade 800?

Just get the Renegade... you will regret it if you dont

Quick Reply: Renegade 800?