CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Heard a nice rumor yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heard a nice rumor yesterday...

First off, I cant confirm any of this, and it may be total BS.... but it sure caught my interest.
Anyway, there has been a lot of talk and speculation over at prcforum.com (Polaris ranger club forum) about the new Can Am side by side that is rumored to be out next year some time...and somebody over there posted this quote from another site (and I don't know what site they found it on):

"I just got back from a BRP event from Quebec and all the Reps from BRP told me the SxS is a 1200cc. Which also will be incorporated into the ALL NEW Outlander and Renegade series. These guys were from Vailcourt, so there must be some truth to it. I've heard a few months ago that it is the Seadoo engine out of the RXP. This pretty much confirmed it. They also got talking about the Thundercat and it beating the Outtie, and their plan is to completely obliterate the competition. They plan to put the performance level so far ahead that another company can't catch a stock BRP with performance mods. All I know is BRP has the ***** to do this."

Ok, like I said...I'm just re-posting a quote from another site...I don't know if there is any truth to this whatsoever, but I sure hope so.... I will be standing in line with my checkbook outside of my Can Am dealership to pick up a Renegade 1200. I almost broke down and bought a renegade 800X, but I decided to get the RZR instead. If they make a 1200cc renegade, I have to have one for myself. Their 800 is just sick with 62 stock HP, I can only imagine what a 1200 will do. And if the side x side looks good, and performs as well or better than my RZR, I will be trading for one of those too...lol.

Anybody heard anything along these lines? Seeing how Can Am is with their products, it doesn't surprise me that they would want to be "King of the Hill" once again; the Thundercat stole that title recently.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I personally would rather see more with less, than a bigger more powerfull engine
similar to what the Yamaha Grizz is doing, esp on the Outlander. Allot of guy are hyped up on HP but I would rather have a complete pkg w/ great handling, braking, power, fit n'finish, a quad that does everthing well instead of a few things great!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

I personally would rather see more with less, than a bigger more powerfull engine

similar to what the Yamaha Grizz is doing, esp on the Outlander. Allot of guy are hyped up on HP but I would rather have a complete pkg w/ great handling, braking, power, fit n'finish, a quad that does everthing well instead of a few things great!</end quote></div>

Honda owns that niche. They do everything well but nothing great.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSNUT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

similar to what the Yamaha Grizz is doing, esp on the Outlander. Allot of guy are hyped up on HP but I would rather have a complete pkg w/ great handling, braking, power, fit n'finish, a quad that does everthing well instead of a few things great!</end quote></div>

Honda owns that niche. They do everything well but nothing great.</end quote></div>

They have also won no awards for it to. One exemtion might be the 450r but even at that Yamaha did a better job at redesign of the 250r than Honda did!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree. A 1200cc side by side would be amazing. Getting on the list will be hard to do.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

A 1200cc Renegade would be something very impressive also..... now if they would just re-do the DS with that baby...... Watch out Busa LMAO

Old 04-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

i may be totally wrong..but i think there may be a law which limits quad CC size to 800....dont hold me to it, but i have read it somewhere

Old 04-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

I can dream.....

Old 04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: learnem

i may be totally wrong..but i think there may be a law which limits quad CC size to 800....dont hold me to it, but i have read it somewhere</end quote></div>

I am not arguing that but how is Arctic Cat getting away with the 1000cc? If that is the case.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cynick

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: learnem

i may be totally wrong..but i think there may be a law which limits quad CC size to 800....dont hold me to it, but i have read it somewhere</end quote></div>

I am not arguing that but how is Arctic Cat getting away with the 1000cc? If that is the case.</end quote></div>

Because Artic Cat claims 1000cc but only gives you the power of about 500cc LMAO

Quick Reply: Heard a nice rumor yesterday...