CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Q's on a CT disk type exhaust for DS 730

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q's on a CT disk type exhaust for DS 730

I hear you Flux. I prefer the stock pipe also for the same reasons. The CT has bigger head pipes and nicer curves but it still don't feel as good as the stock pipe. Now, why run a disk end cap with it open. Can't you just take of the disk setup and then the pipe is open? If that is the case, what is wrong with the stock silencer with an open end cap.

I tried jetting up, more disks, less disks, and I took all the disks off and ran it straight. Nothing. It might rev a fuzz quicker with out the disks but not much and hard to tell.

I'm at a loss. A lot of you guys are liking the CT but I just don't feel it. What am I missing? The carb and pipe are supposed to be the first things to do so everything else works. I did the big bore first and felt an improvement and added the rest and don't feel crap.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q's on a CT disk type exhaust for DS 730

I was looking at some extra SuperTrap disks that I have last night and they are all spaced perfectly when I lay them on top of each other. It sounds like you may need to pick up some new disks if they are touching and not allowing proper air flow between them. THat would obviously be a problem. Previous owner may have over tightened them and deformed the burrs on the backside of the screw holes that hold them apart.

On a side note some of you may recall a couple of years back when Marky dyno tested his ODP open end cap against his Supertrapp endcap and the Supertrapp actually made slightly more power across the board. I happen to own both and can testify that the Supertrapp ODP end cap(which I run on my stock DS) makes every bit as much power as the open endcap without the harsh noise.