CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 650 Brake problem..need help fast!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 650 Brake problem..need help fast!!

Anyone know an easier way to remove the rear master cylinder...took me over an hour...can't hardly get a wrench back there and if you can, you can barely turn it...pain in the @#$%

I'm going to have to re-install..need some tips!

Old 08-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Range Rover

I had the same problem. I'm sure all of your components ate good. Here's what I did. Open bleed valve. Get a plastic bottle with a tip on in. Fill it with brake fluid. Remove the clamp on the reservoir. Pull hose off reservoir. Stick plastic bottle full of brake fluid on the hose and force the fluid thru the brake system. Make sure to place a plastic container under the caliber as fluid will pour out. When all air is clear from hose tighten bleed valve and replace hose and fill reservoir. You should be good to go. Took me a while to figure it out. Have done it twice with no problem. Good luck...

Old 08-20-2011, 03:18 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Old thread

Originally Posted by stunner4206
I had the same problem. I'm sure all of your components ate good. Here's what I did. Open bleed valve. Get a plastic bottle with a tip on in. Fill it with brake fluid. Remove the clamp on the reservoir. Pull hose off reservoir. Stick plastic bottle full of brake fluid on the hose and force the fluid thru the brake system. Make sure to place a plastic container under the caliber as fluid will pour out. When all air is clear from hose tighten bleed valve and replace hose and fill reservoir. You should be good to go. Took me a while to figure it out. Have done it twice with no problem. Good luck...
You are aware that this thread is over three years old right?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Originally Posted by mudslinger2
You are aware that this thread is over three years old right?
Still good info to share. Somebody is always picking one of these up and seeking info on getting and keeping it in good running order. Some of the newbs might even stumble upon a trick or two to share.
Let's don't scare them away...