CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"Maintanence soon" message

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Maintanence soon" message

Does anyone know how to reset the "maintanence soon" message on the speedo?
I have been tld it needs to be done by a dealer, but was hoping I don't need to see a dealer for this. I like to do my own maintanence. Any thoughts?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.
Default "Maintanence soon

Dealer only. You need to find a good dealer that will work with you if you are doing your own services. Good luck.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Had mine in for it's 10 and 50 hour services, they forgot to reset it both times. Reminicent of Homer Simpsons " press any key to start.... WHERES THE ANY KEY" by the way, it still says "HI SPEED" when I start it. No one at the dealer has a clue what that means.....

Old 08-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

All you need to do is to get a hold of B.U.D.S. software and the cables linking your computer with the machine. Unfortunately, Bombardier Utility Diagnostic Softare is proprietary and they'll only sell them to your dealers. The same with the cables.

The "HI SPEED" you're refering to is the welcome message. This can be programed by the dealer to say anything you want. Mine says "Hi Mike".

Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

That would seem plausable, but the dealer I bought it from didnt enter any owner info into the ecm when I bought it. It started saying that all on its own, no trip to the dealer, no dead battery, nothing that would seem to cause it. The check engine light had come on at 3 different times (went out with shut off and restart). The only codes were for ecm/cluster mismatch; low voltage/high voltage (had to replace the battery at about 45 hours); and another for the security key missmach. When I brought it back after the 50 hr svc to have them to reset the maint reminder (they forgot to reset) I was right there while the "tech" had the laptop on it. It also said something about owner/VIN mismatch...... made me wonder if I got a demo when I bought it but it had less than an hour on it when I got it new. Things that make you go HMMMMMM....