CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

2009 outy 800r Xt

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 outy 800r Xt

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Cardiac

Best of luck with the Grizz. It is in my opinion the 2 best utility quad avaliable. Sorry thing is, you will never know what you missed. Personally, I think the "too much power" is a bunch of malarky. If that were the case why does everyone modify there quads for more performance. And the only claim to fame the Raptor has is it is the biggest fastest sport quad. Go figure. I think you will be happy with a Grizz, but.....

PS: Someone needs to check the facts before they say the Grizzly and Raptor are the #1 selling quads in each class. Not even close.......Course CanAm isn't either.</end quote></div>

I did check and just as I tought excuse me if I forgot to say America on the Grizz!

http://www.quadexperts.com/200...ort-quad-shootout.html

http://www.seminolepowersports...sc=ATVs&ModelYear=2009</end quote></div>

Is that what you are taking as gospel? One a shootout article and the other a Dealership? Look around. There are more 450 class quads than anything else. The Raptor is the best selling big bore, but can't touch the 450's. And anyone can say "best selling". Check the numbers by sales per year, then talk to us. As far as the Grizz goes, it's nice, so is a Chevy Malibu but it is not a Corvette. A Grizz can't hold a candle to the Outlander, either the 650 or 800, in any aspect of quad comfort, durability, performance or ride. The only "better" part may be the P/S. Even my wife would rather ride my Outlander than her 700 Grizz. That said, why don't you just go to the Yamaha forum and stop coming on the CanAm forum to talk down about them. I think most of us owners are well satisfied with our CanAm's and find it rather annoying when someone who doesn't even have one constantly picks at them.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

If I remember I never knoked The Outlander yes it is a great bike but for slow rock crawling the Grizz will soot my needs best. As far as the Raptor goes...even Yamaha say its the geatest selling bike and they have have the greatest selling 450 in the YFZ! You can read any magazine or artical and they will al tell you the same thing! If I were at home I would even give you the Yamaha websight so you could see it for yourself. These are known facts take it or leave it and enjoy your Can am or whatever you ride I will take the machine that I feel is the best and enjoy it as well!

Can am owners get so testy when anyone even remotly does not agree with something you say or like, all bikes have a falts even Can am's t and if you cant admit it than you are doing no one any good. I love my Polaris its built like a tank and will go anywhere you point it but its like trying to make a semi do a back flip when you ride it fast in other words the machine rides you vs you riding the machine this is why I want something new like the grizz!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Great! You love your Yamahaha's so go lurk on their forum. I have followed your posts for awhile and you seem to delight in picking apart CanAm's. I don't go to the Yamaha forum to poke sticks, even though it would be easy. All I'm saying is I for one have had it with your nitpicking the CanAm's. You don't like them, fine, just go to the Yamaha forum and leave the Can Am's alone. If your advice is needed, we know where to find you.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Well then when you do find me then I would be more than happy to take that crap Grizz off your hands but we both know that that is not going to happen! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

P.S here is another thred from this websight to prove my point about Can am boys. Someone makes a slight obsevation any you guys act as if the someone just stole your quad with a cooler full of beer!
http://forums.atvconnection.co...20a%20can%20am%20today I see nothing changes by looking at the date of this thred.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, you never know. Make me an offer. Red 07 Grizz with p/s and ITP wheels with 26 X 14 Terracrosses. My wife really is sorry she went for the Grizzly and wants a Can Am max. Oh and by the way, Pastor got laughed, or kicked, off the forums.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

To bad Im located in Newfoundland canada..Id take her off your hands. Thanx for all the answers. I drove my buddies 08 outy today...lots of power and then some. I think I might wait till after the winter is over to make my purchase...plus the skidooing season is comming..so that will occupy my mind. What ever I choose i'll let all you guys know about it. Thanx again guys for all the info.