CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New to forum, few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum, few questions.

HI ALL.. i am new here but a long time owner of my 2008 Renegade 800. Love this quad. I plow with it in the winter and mow with it in the summer. and the trails don't stand a chance. But the only mod i have is a winch. TIME TO MOD!!.. need some advice on parts. I would love to get a exhaust, but want duals. Something not that loud. I did see the LTE but not sure about the stacked duals. Also looking for anything that won't break the bank but will add some HP. need some good URL's for accessories.

thanks in advance guys..

Old 03-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to forum, few questions.

Welcome to the forums [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

LTE's are nice, if you like the stacked duals... They DO grow on you however, and are pricey.. lol
Have you looked at the Ron Woods exhaust? it isnt dual, but man they are sweet and are the deepest sounding exhaust you can get.. If your standing close it will shake your innards..

What size tires you run?
I'm fond of the Dalton kit.. good prodcts, and are adjustable.. But with the rene, I would get the 650 dalton levers, and not the 800. They are lighter, and if you need more weightjust add with the rivits that are supplied...

Got any mud guards/fender extenders?? They are great, especially on the rene, that thing will throw the mud/water/snow all over ya! lol

What kind of riding do you do?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by TorkMonster
LTE's are nice, if you like the stacked duals... They DO grow on you however, and are pricey.. lol
Have you looked at the Ron Woods exhaust? it isnt dual, but man they are sweet and are the deepest sounding exhaust you can get.. If your standing close it will shake your innards..

What size tires you run?
I'm fond of the Dalton kit.. good prodcts, and are adjustable.. But with the rene, I would get the 650 dalton levers, and not the 800. They are lighter, and if you need more weightjust add with the rivits that are supplied...

Got any mud guards/fender extenders?? They are great, especially on the rene, that thing will throw the mud/water/snow all over ya! lol

What kind of riding do you do?
thanks for the great reply.. I am mostly a trail rider. need some low end wheelie power. I need the mud guards for sure!! and i am feeling the muzzy may be the pipe for me, until someone makes a real dual system. I was just on the dalton site looking but didn't know what to get.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

the overfenders from Direction2 are a necessity on the gade. get them from ebay or any local supplier who is a kimpex dealer ($170). muzzy makes the best hp but they're not cheap, an hmf slip on will get you a few ponies for a couple hundred bucks. you can put the 09 intake and filter in to get 4-7 hp, just from more efficient airflow. intake is around $80, not sure bout the filter. you also need some o-rings for the injectors. if you see any water, snorkels are a must to avoid getting the belt wet, i did a write-up when i installed mine:

Renegade CVT Intake Snorkel - ATV Torture Forums

Renegade CVT Exhaust Snorkel - ATV Torture Forums

is your cvt shifting ok, or do you need to "hump" it every now & then to get it to change gears? there's a couple bearings that a bunch of us have replaced for smoother shifting:

Can-Am Shifting Mod - ATV Torture Forums

i'm about to mod the airbox to prevent water from getting in (i don't ride in deep water, but had 1/2" of water in mine, just from splashes getting in the poor stock intake location) and i'll be posting a write-up on that. pm me if you have any questions...