CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

1985ish Tri-Moto 200 Trike help

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985ish Tri-Moto 200 Trike help

Thought i would ask the knowledgeable bombardier guys since we seem to know the most...lol. Anyways i recently picked up my wifes old childhood trike she had its a 1985 200 tri moto yamaha 4 stroke the motor is in decent shape just needs a throttle cable, choke cable and a seat...got the cables on order when i took the carb apart to clean all the jets and such i got everything clear except the main fuel line to fill the bowl...its so damn plugged 160psi would even push through it there was black gunk almost like plastic settled in the bottom of the cab i had to chip away...any ideas on how to get this thing unplugged?? i got it to fire a bit but without gas getting to the carb its gonna be hard haha...let it soak in carb cleaner then try again or what??? Thanks guys.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by DuneRider650
Thought i would ask the knowledgeable bombardier guys since we seem to know the most...lol. Anyways i recently picked up my wifes old childhood trike she had its a 1985 200 tri moto yamaha 4 stroke the motor is in decent shape just needs a throttle cable, choke cable and a seat...got the cables on order when i took the carb apart to clean all the jets and such i got everything clear except the main fuel line to fill the bowl...its so damn plugged 160psi would even push through it there was black gunk almost like plastic settled in the bottom of the cab i had to chip away...any ideas on how to get this thing unplugged?? i got it to fire a bit but without gas getting to the carb its gonna be hard haha...let it soak in carb cleaner then try again or what??? Thanks guys.
Nothing is gonna touch that varnish except a carb chem dip. You either need to dip it or replace it.
What I use for restoring gunked carbs is a Berryman Chem Dip, comes in a 3/4 gallon can with a basket. disassemble and put the body and jets in the basket, let 'er sit sealed for 24 hours at room temp. This will loosen everything so that you can simply spray it out like grease. It will look like new...
Caution: Remove all the rubber parts from the carb, if you don't they will be 50x larger when they come out...

Old 09-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider
Old 09-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Thanks guys i got her all cleared out and got her running....now i just need some rearend or tranny parts shes slipping when i give her gas sounds like gears in the rearend since its shaft drive not chain....was pretty funny though the carb got stuck wide open when we started her so she took off in the garage and pulled me and my dad across the garage and almost through the wall so i picked it up off the ground and she started screeming and it ate my leg with the tire then i dropped it and it took off into the wall and died......was very scary lol.