CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Upgrading the tires/wheels!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading the tires/wheels!

Well the stock tires and wheels on the back of the DS650 I picked up are toast. The tires are stock but look like road racing slicks! When i rolled them across the floor I could hear a bunch of crap inside(a dozen or so little rubber ***** from the rubber melting on the inside of the tires). So I ordered up a set of Razr2's, 22 and 23's, they arrived today and I took a good look at the rear wheels and they are banged and bent all to heck on the inside rim, and the new tires wouldnt stay inflated.

So after searching for hours to no avail for new rear wheels, I called OMF to see what they had, and I bought a set of their wheels with reinforcing rings on both the outside and INSIDE of the wheels for 400$, not a bad deal, cant wait for them to arrive!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by talonxracer
Well the stock tires and wheels on the back of the DS650 I picked up are toast. The tires are stock but look like road racing slicks! When i rolled them across the floor I could hear a bunch of crap inside(a dozen or so little rubber ***** from the rubber melting on the inside of the tires). So I ordered up a set of Razr2's, 22 and 23's, they arrived today and I took a good look at the rear wheels and they are banged and bent all to heck on the inside rim, and the new tires wouldnt stay inflated.

So after searching for hours to no avail for new rear wheels, I called OMF to see what they had, and I bought a set of their wheels with reinforcing rings on both the outside and INSIDE of the wheels for 400$, not a bad deal, cant wait for them to arrive!
$400 for rear wheels? Wow they must be really good...... Do regular aftermarket wheels not fit a DS650? I never knew they had an odd sized wheel.....

Old 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss97
$400 for rear wheels? Wow they must be really good...... Do regular aftermarket wheels not fit a DS650? I never knew they had an odd sized wheel.....
400 for all four wheels, might as well have them all match, LOL

And yes they are a slightly different bolt pattern for the rears than most companies make, the only ones I could find from anyone are the DWT red label for about 70$ each. The OMF wheels are also made from the DWT red labels but with reinforcing rings welded in.