CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ron Woods Stage 1 installed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished installing the rest of my stage 1 kit.With some minor setbacks(rubber intake seal fell out.Didn't realize it until i was putting on the seat)LOL.So after installing it twice,my brother took it for a spin.He just got his back yesterday(see blown motor thread) so he had the opportunity to ride a bone stock,pipe and rev modified and the full stage 1 kit.After riding a pipe and rev. bike the stock setup won't do.Leaves you wanting more.Mine w/the pipe and rev. is very pleasing to ride.However, after the stage 1 kit was installed,he took it for a spin.His eyes said it all!!He compared it to a top fuel dragster!!!!Throttle appears to be hanging a bit but minor adjusting and will be ready this weekend.

Old 02-25-2001, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

cool got it done huh, ya i was geeeked when i rode mine the first time, the sound of the roar is enough, i'm putting the accelerato pump in mine to take care of the hesitation off idle, have fun not that you got yours.

2000 ds650
woods stage1 kit with twist and k&n on the carb
woods clutch springs
hydraulic clutch on the way
alba gripper seat and graphics
renthals
graydon nerfs and bumper
pro design kill switch
tm design works chain roller
turf tamers

Old 02-25-2001, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I spoke with Ron wood about the hesitation and he said the accelerator pump will not fix the problem.They have dynoed this combo many times and feel this is the best set up.If you do get good results please let us know.
Bearman

Old 02-26-2001, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

bearman if it don't i'll be looking for a new carb and send this one to ron tellin him were to put it.

Old 02-26-2001, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

Hey jimmie i want to buy your paddles and mowhaws how much do you want for both do you have those cool looking expensive itp rims on them. Does that price include shipping if not how much will that be.Is there any concern with the paddle tearing off the black foot rest. Do the paddles get too good of traction thanks.Also how will I pay you will I send you a check or what

Old 02-26-2001, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

hey bomberds your a lucky guy, some one was about to send me money for just the rears and called and said you posted this, he said he's in no hurry if i wanted to sell you the whole set (nice guy huh) thats Randy, anyway $340 shipped.
thats 22 inch haulers on itp's and 23 inch mohawks on itp's with about 6 hour total usage on them, they will barely rub the outside of your baskets, i trimmed mine, they hook up great you wont beleive how fast it is, i raced 6 or 7 ds650's with 20's and blew them away.
my ds was stock then now that i have stage 1 it would really be cool but my wife hated the dunes, oh well guess i just stay mxing, get in touch if you want them, cause Randy will take just the rears if you don't ok. my cell phone is 1-616-930-3179 if you need to talk to me.

Old 02-26-2001, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

hey bomberds your a lucky guy, some one was about to send me money for just the rears and called and said you posted this, he said he's in no hurry if i wanted to sell you the whole set (nice guy huh) thats Randy, anyway $340 shipped.
thats 22 inch haulers on itp's and 23 inch mohawks on itp's with about 6 hour total usage on them, they will barely rub the outside of your baskets, i trimmed mine, they hook up great you wont beleive how fast it is, i raced 6 or 7 ds650's with 20's and blew them away.
my ds was stock then now that i have stage 1 it would really be cool but my wife hated the dunes, oh well guess i just stay mxing, get in touch if you want them, cause Randy will take just the rears if you don't ok. my cell phone is 1-616-930-3179 if you need to talk to me.

Old 02-27-2001, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

What does that stage 1 kit consist of crashfire?

Old 03-01-2001, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

jimmie have you got your accelerator pump yet? i just spoke to ron wood and he is sending me one. i hope this fixes the problem.

Old 03-01-2001, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

crashfirepm53 i'm putting mine in this saturday, i'll let you know how it works.

Quick Reply: Ron Woods Stage 1 installed!!!!!