CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander Vs. Polaris xp

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010 | 03:21 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Outlander Vs. Polaris xp

I am sure this has been asked before, but does anyone have any real world head to head comparisons between these two machines? I would like to keep this factual and not a " I own this so it's better than that" reply. And I mean in all catagories such as mudding,technical ridine and just in general.
Also While I am in the can am section, does anyone know if they make a rack accesory for the renagade?
Anyways I will be posting this question also in the polaris section as I am looking to retire my current ride and I am limiting my search to several bikes now and these are three of my bikes of interest currently.
Thanks.
I should also mention I am looking at the big bores ie; 800/850. Maybe even a 650 in can am flavor.

Old 03-05-2010 | 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

check out can-amtalk.com there are way more outy and reny owners over there. Im pretty sure there are a couple guys over there that have been on both.

Old 03-05-2010 | 06:53 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I tried but my work computer blocks that site. I will try looking this weekend maybe.

Old 03-05-2010 | 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is the best comparison you will find... http://forum.highlifter.com/tm.aspx?m=3909766

Old 03-05-2010 | 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, just read that review and it seems that he is sponsored by Polaris or something.

He says this about the Brute Force:

"the ride is still no where near the Sportsman or Outlander, no power steering, slowest in its class, minus the King Quad 750EFI EPS, and has okay stability."

Judging by his review I'm guessing he's one of those 450 lb guys who is out of breath from just getting on the machine. Brute Force 750 is slowest in its class? I would think that statement says enough about this guy's review right there.

"my #1 Trail Quad will always be a 2-up machine, simply because of the extended wheelbase. Nothing compares to an extended wheel base machine on hill climbs, off camber, technical terrain."

WAT? This is completely backward IMO. Again, this guy has to be a huge fat blob.

Old 03-05-2010 | 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by White347LX
Wow, just read that review and it seems that he is sponsored by Polaris or something.

"the ride is still no where near the Sportsman or Outlander, no power steering, slowest in its class, minus the King Quad 750EFI EPS, and has okay stability."

Judging by his review I'm guessing he's one of those 450 lb guys who is out of breath from just getting on the machine. Brute Force 750 is slowest in its class? I would think that statement says enough about this guy's review right there.

"my #1 Trail Quad will always be a 2-up machine, simply because of the extended wheelbase. Nothing compares to an extended wheel base machine on hill climbs, off camber, technical terrain."

WAT? This is completely backward IMO. Again, this guy has to be a huge fat blob.
Most any internet forum has its fair share of self proclaimed professionals so that is probably where that came from.

Old 03-05-2010 | 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

I've driven them both and they are both very, very good. The power delivery is different, with the XP smoother and the Outty more explosive, and exhilarating. I think the XP is smoother riding, the Outty more sporty(Not that the XP isn't sporty... for an 800 + pound quad). The ergo's on both are excellent. In the end, the dealerships made the decision easy, as the Can-Am dealer was a jerk, and the Polaris dealer, while he did try to talk me into a Thundercat (NO AC's for me thanks) was helpful and friendly, and I got a pretty decent deal too.

Just my opinion

Old 03-05-2010 | 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by White347LX

Here's another post by the same ( 2010 Max Ltd and Renegade X Xc, out tearing it up... ). I found his reviews to be very detailed and unbiased. I certainly agree that a 2up machine is superior to a 1-up. He picked the XP over a regular Outty. But does not own Polaris. Seems un-biased to me.

Old 03-06-2010 | 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

I haven't owned the new Polaris, had an older model which was nothing but problems. I frequent a lot of the ATV forums and I have noticed a lot of guys who rushed to buy the 850 XP and have now sold them and went with the Outlander XT-P. Sometimes the real world speaks volumes above the "reviews".

Old 03-06-2010 | 02:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by Cardiac
I haven't owned the new Polaris, had an older model which was nothing but problems. I frequent a lot of the ATV forums and I have noticed a lot of guys who rushed to buy the 850 XP and have now sold them and went with the Outlander XT-P. Sometimes the real world speaks volumes above the "reviews".
YES it does!!!!

Quick Reply: Outlander Vs. Polaris xp