CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Big Gun CDI rip off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010 | 05:39 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Big Gun CDI rip off?

Hey guys. I ordered a Big Gun CDI last week from ATV Galaxy, which I found through Ebay. They had a ton of positive feedback and whatnot. I got it today, and it just didn't look like a Big Gun CDI. I looked up the part number stamped on the side and it came up in google as a Procom part. I looked on Procoms website and the part number was a Procom product. If I look closely at the part, I can see where there was the outline of a Procom Sticker on it... I called ATV Galaxy and talked to the support guy, and he was telling me that Procom makes the CDIs for Big Gun.

I have heard nothing but bad things about Procom, and heard good things about Big Gun. Feels like the guy is just blowing smoke, but I really don't know. Does Procom make CDIs for Big Gun?

I'm so confused. ha. help please.

Old 03-15-2010 | 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, I have read before that they do make Big Gun's CDI's but that they are way better than the Procom ones. From what I've read, they are programmed to different specs and won't cook you bike like the procom ones.

Old 03-15-2010 | 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!

The Big Gun is made by ProCom, but to Big Gun's specs. If it is a Big Gun it will come in a Big Gun package with a Big Gun sticker on it. I would be suspect if it came any other way.

Old 03-15-2010 | 10:03 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by thestir
the big gun is made by procom, but to big gun's specs. If it is a big gun it will come in a big gun package with a big gun sticker on it. I would be suspect if it came any other way.
i agree!!

Old 03-16-2010 | 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

I've delt with ATV Galaxy before, had an issue with sending the correct parts to me, i think twice lol, but the guys i talked to were very helpful in fixing the problem, which they did no questions asked!

Old 03-18-2010 | 09:34 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by wreckr
hey guys. I ordered a big gun cdi last week from atv galaxy, which i found through ebay. They had a ton of positive feedback and whatnot. I got it today, and it just didn't look like a big gun cdi. I looked up the part number stamped on the side and it came up in google as a procom part. I looked on procoms website and the part number was a procom product. If i look closely at the part, i can see where there was the outline of a procom sticker on it... I called atv galaxy and talked to the support guy, and he was telling me that procom makes the cdis for big gun.

I have heard nothing but bad things about procom, and heard good things about big gun. Feels like the guy is just blowing smoke, but i really don't know. Does procom make cdis for big gun?

I'm so confused. Ha. Help please.
so what did you find out about the rev box? Did it make much of a difference when you put it on?i want to buy one too.from the same place you bought it.

Old 12-25-2010 | 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

I hate to bring this up again, but my fiancee bought the same rip-off for me for Christmas. It was also purchased from ATV Galaxy on Ebay, so the bottom line is do not buy your parts from them. The ad said Big Gun, we received ProCom, with the sticker rubbed off and a Big Gun sticker in the box. It is a deliberate attempt at fraud, claiming their product is something it is not. What a crock.

Old 01-03-2011 | 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

I think you need to report them to E-Bay.