CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

swingarm SLOP

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swingarm SLOP

ok guys i am at wits end with my bomb i got it for a grand an thought it just needed new bearings so i got them had them installed no fix the arm still goes up down left right every which way but stayin where its pose to so i ordered a new swingarm to try that hopefully it will fix it but could the axle carrier be bad which is y it wouldn hold the bearing in place? an is there some kine of spacer or somethin that will keep the axle from slidin around ? cause i had to remove my break caliper bracket thanks in advance o an this is on a 2000 ds650

Old 04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

what happens is that the nut comes loss a bit and causes it to wable you can tighten that up and might solve the problem i ran into that on my 400 out lander when i jumped it and blow the rear half axle out

Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by atvkiller
what happens is that the nut comes loss a bit and causes it to wable you can tighten that up and might solve the problem i ran into that on my 400 out lander when i jumped it and blow the rear half axle out
what nut are you talkin about? an a description of where it is located would also help out alot to thanks

Old 04-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

what there is behind the rubber cover you will have a nut holding a plate on you take those off then take the snap eing odd and its on a normal nut you can put a socket on its round and has snots on the side that holts it tight against the bearings you will have to use a hammer and a punch to tighten or lossen it if you want any more infor just ask and when putting it all back together pack good with grease you cand re use the factor clamp to hold the rubber cover its a one time use you will have to get a hose clamp to fasen it on better

Old 04-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

There is an adjusting nut on the left side of the brake rotor hub that you turn outward, against the retaining ring, to tighten the hubs on the bearing carrier.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by aceisback
There is an adjusting nut on the left side of the brake rotor hub that you turn outward, against the retaining ring, to tighten the hubs on the bearing carrier.
so that nut just may be loose an not holdin the bearings in tight? cause as of right now i can slide the bearings in an out but the race stays in the carrier

Old 04-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

ya that nut sounds really loss and maybe the bearing shot to but id see what its like after you tighten up but there easy and simple

Old 04-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea the new swing arm will be here monday cause that bolt is sheared off so owell but also my fan aint kickin on an was wanderin if anyone else has just run a toggle switch on it cause the wife aint to happy bout the new swingarm so i gotta keep this fix as cheap as possible

Old 04-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

dam that sucks on the bolt good thing you looked into it a little more and ya you can run them on toggle switches lots of people do and iv done alot at work wiring a toggle switch in on them they go out on any brand of four wheeler so its nothing new

Old 04-17-2011, 04:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by atvkiller
dam that sucks on the bolt good thing you looked into it a little more and ya you can run them on toggle switches lots of people do and iv done alot at work wiring a toggle switch in on them they go out on any brand of four wheeler so its nothing new
how did you go about wirin yours up? i was thinkin just cut the wires at the connector an run them direct to the battery with the switch in between

Quick Reply: swingarm SLOP