CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Full exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've done that before with an end cap, hated it

Old 05-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Originally Posted by chirochris
dunerider 650 are you just saying that or you have dyno'd proof or some other type or REAL testing against other slip ons...

some people buy something and love it and then promote it because they boughtit not because its been tested...not doubting you just wondering

last time they did testing on slip ons the hmf was the best hands down...not sure if i missed something...can you please educate me on this
Is there any more "REAL" testing than seat of the pants??? Lots of stuff looks good on a dyno but out in the dunes or at the hill leaves something to be desired. Good tuning tool though. I haven't seen this report on the HMF being the best hands down and I've had a good many forum members inquire about the one I've been trying to rid my garage of only to have them change their mind after they do the research.

Having said all of that I liked the HMF the least of every pipe I've tried and I've tried them all. I'm running the Yoshi RS-3 on my EFI 730 right now and had another one on a mild built DS that I sold to a buddy of mine. He insisted that the Yoshi be on the bike when he bought it after testing all of the others that I had at the time.

The Big Gun race series complete system works well and sounds nice, the Alba was fair to average at best on the build I tried it on, HMF was so so, but the Yoshi RS-3 seems to work the best. Atleast on all of the different variations that I've owned, nine altogether, six currently.

Anybody looking for a brushed HMF, a HPR endcap, a OnDunes Supertrapp endcap, or an Alba pipe, hit me up with a PM. The Yoshi will always be on one of my DS's as will the BG complete.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

That's exactly what I was going to say seat of the pants I've been around allot of ds's and the yoshimura does seem to have the best all around power quality and sound its far better feeling than the endcap I had but no have never dynod

Old 05-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

yeah everybody is gonna have a opinion>i happen to like the hmf i got for mine.Its also the only pipe i have tried on mine too.Is it possible something else could work better with my setup?absolutely.But i did the 450r carb before the hmf so i was pretty impressed with it already.The big gun cdi was icing on the cake.Bottom line is opinions are just like the weather,keep searching until you read what you want to hear..

Old 06-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

If your thinking about the "endcap" think again if you want to also keep the ugly stock pipe that weighs a tonne. The packing in the stock muffler also burns out extremely quick so that's also something to think about.