CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Full exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full exhaust system

Im looking at full systems right now and trying to research best bang for buck...duals or singles doesnt matter much to me. I see LTE duals (I hear its not bolt-up and requires removal and/or relocating of components), then theres the barkers race dual- a little more affordable over the LTE, cant find much performance info on them tho, then the CT single-which is adverstised as winnign the baja 200, and thats about it, other than slip ons...

Old 05-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

I have a Big Gun full exhaust and have been happy with it. I see some new ones on ebay occasionally, might check them out.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless your planning to go into the motor at some later date (big bore, headwork, cams, etc) your not going to gain much if anything by going with a full system over a slip-on. The factory head pipe works well for basic mods.

I have heard good things about the Big Gun. Also the Ron Woods exhaust is a good option. I have no experience with the duals but yes they do require some cutting and removal of the air box. Something to consider. I ran a CT full exhaust for a couple of seasons and would not recommend it unless you run a big bore. It killed too much low end on my stock bore with cams and high comp piston. Good overrev pipe though and not too loud with the disc endcap design.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

Oh wow, ok. I don't wanna lose low end, im trying to gain some! That will also save a few hundred bucks as well which is nice. I guess the only reason I'd want new head pipes is stock ones are a nice rust colour! I can live with it tho.

So pretty much any slip on will do? And a jet kit too I suppose. Thanks for the info, keep it comin'n

Old 05-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Pro Rider

my 2 cents...filter, jetting and endcap is a great start for less than a 2 hundred bucks and a big difference in sound and some gains

Old 05-11-2011, 07:12 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DSengineer
Unless your planning to go into the motor at some later date (big bore, headwork, cams, etc) your not going to gain much if anything by going with a full system over a slip-on. The factory head pipe works well for basic mods.

so many people waste their money on modified exhausts- for a stock head.

The only thing a "slip-on" is good for is making more noise- why spend $300-$400 for a couple extra hp? Keep the stock pipes and buy a clutch kit, stronger cv's, a better filter or some fancy decals your bike exhales fine!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CV's? I believe he is asking about a DS650. The stock DS exhaust is pretty effecient with the exception of the stock end cap. An open end cap from OMW racing or one of the old ODP caps will give about the same results as a good slip-on. No real reason to spend the money on a full exhaust for the DS unless going into the motor.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:44 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DSengineer
CV's? I believe he is asking about a DS650. The stock DS exhaust is pretty effecient with the exception of the stock end cap. An open end cap from OMW racing or one of the old ODP caps will give about the same results as a good slip-on. No real reason to spend the money on a full exhaust for the DS unless going into the motor.
I thought the DS650's had cv's just behind the "high speed cotter pin bearing"

(as you can tell- I know nothing about the DS )

Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Trailblazer

Ya ds650!
Well I got a KN filter, 15t sprocket, new plugs, a trail tech(?) speedo thingy en-route to me as we speak.
I will get a jet kit and I've browsed around for a bit looking where to buy an endcap but couldn't find anything. Il keep looking, I'm cheap so wasting $ on unnecessary items ain't my thing!!
Again, thank you for the help and advice to a newb!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Have you done the OMR stock carb mods? Research it, it's the best performance gain that money can't buy!

There are some slip ons out there that will give you better performance, but in conjunction with other mods/bolt ons. Just as the end caps will. The header pipes for the DS do flow very well and just opening up the other end will do wonders. Just need to stay on top of your jetting to keep up with the increased air flow.

Quick Reply: Full exhaust system