CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just got an 800 Renegade, what to do first?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got an 800 Renegade, what to do first?

Hey guys, just picked up a used 07 Renegade. I'm excited to do some power and appearance mods. What are some things I can do? I've checking out eBay, I like the fender flares and maybe a decal wrap. What are some of the must-do mods?

Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Trailblazer

i just got one a couple weeks ago also a 2010 800r.I ordered a powercommander V and a muzzy exhaust. They deff woke it up quite a bit.It outruns my dads 2013 1000 renegade by a little bit and the muzzy sounds great.I plan on doing a dalton clutch kit also.Mods really depend on if your riding trails,mud or whatever.But id say the first mods to do performance wise would be clutch kit,exhaust and a power commander along with wheels and tires.
heres some videos of it so you can see how it sounds. Im riding my dads 1000 in the videos because hes still scared of it being that he just got it last week lol

Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by greedygenius
i just got one a couple weeks ago also a 2010 800r.I ordered a powercommander V and a muzzy exhaust. They deff woke it up quite a bit.It outruns my dads 2013 1000 renegade by a little bit and the muzzy sounds great.I plan on doing a dalton clutch kit also.Mods really depend on if your riding trails,mud or whatever.But id say the first mods to do performance wise would be clutch kit,exhaust and a power commander along with wheels and tires.
heres some videos of it so you can see how it sounds. Im riding my dads 1000 in the videos because hes still scared of it being that he just got it last week lol
Nice vids man. I haven't actually rode it yet but are the wheels going to come off the ground like that stock or is that just a result of the power mods?

Old 12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jswald
Nice vids man. I haven't actually rode it yet but are the wheels going to come off the ground like that stock or is that just a result of the power mods?
Mine would pull the wheels in high gear stock but not nearly as easy as now.In stock form I could control it pretty easily and keep it from coming u if i wanted to.Not so easy nowIn low gear it will pull the wheels up really easy stock or not.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

plain stock- the rene 800 is a whellie machine- it's very scary on tar-
even with my heavy 27" 489's and a winch up front it would still wheelie no problem.

I actually like the way it sounds with the stock pipe- but it must sound mean with the muzzy.

and- unless you like being assaulted by everything not nailed down on the trail- BUY THE FLARES!!! the rene loves to pummel its rider with mud, rocks and earth!

I'd say- get the flares first, then a winch kit, then the decal wrap.... then you can mess your factory perfect rotax motor up with power mods

-

-

Old 12-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

no doubt i get covered just going thru light mud ive been hit in the face with some big chunks of mud from the gade lol

Old 12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

I'd swear I'd hear the rene laughing at me every time it knocked me with a chunk of mud or rock-
the renegade has just a bastard attitude-make sure you smack it around and discipline it good- it likes to misbehave in tight trails and in mud

Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations. Welcome to the family, to pure fun, to the show, to the edge, to adventures, to the toughest guys, to ambition, to ultimate speed. Now get out there and enjoy that bad boy.

First mod? Skidplates! Seriously, that frame is pretty easy to dent if you pummel it on a rock in the middle of the trail. I've owned three Renegades, and they all got skidplates as their first mod, and I never had a frame problem.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:42 PM

Hmm...

well the 1st thing i'd do to any bike is an exhuast

HMF Exhaust Pipe Muffler Can Am Renegade 500 800 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Black | eBay

you'll probably have to get some kind of chip thingy since you ain't got a carb to rejet

I'd say skidplates would be a good idea-but i woulda thought these things woulda came with them.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:02 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

skid plates are a good idea- I've had'em on most of my can-am's, but a few didn't have them. I don't have a set now tho- not sure if I'll put'em on-
I've beaten up the spar pretty good with other can-am's I've owned. I've jumped them pretty high, rolled'em and I've come down pertty hard on rocks- I've never had any frame issues with any of the 8 can'am's I've owned.

for the price of a full skid plate setup, I could pay for 5 years of full premium atv insurance coverage that will cover me no matter what happens to my atv... and I can't see me holding on to any atv for more than 5 years

Quick Reply: Just got an 800 Renegade, what to do first?