CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Why we ride Can-Am!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 01:21 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why we ride Can-Am!

Thought you can-am guys would like this vid I found on the tube
this a great vid to throw at all those visco haters

@ 4:25 gave me chills when he cleaned out the pipe

Old 03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Visco or the polaris system. Its the only two setups that give you "true 4wd" while on the fly ,without having to stop to engage diff lock then stop again to disengage it once more to put it back in 2wd or 3wd so it can be steered again.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I still think they charge those guys for a boat registration. They have some serious talent and serious machines.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:57 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I still think they charge those guys for a boat registration. They have some serious talent and serious machines.

saw a few 1000cc outty's
they are good riders- that kid at 4:25 commanded that helm

Old 03-13-2013, 02:59 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by TLC
I like Visco or the polaris system. Its the only two setups that give you "true 4wd" while on the fly ,without having to stop to engage diff lock then stop again to disengage it once more to put it back in 2wd or 3wd so it can be steered again.
I find a lot of people dont understand how the visco is supposed to work- and then they think it's not working-
I agree with you. polaris & can-am have the best front diffs out there.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

I think you should have put in the disclaimer of (this week) in the title.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:54 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
I think you should have put in the disclaimer of (this week) in the title.
no sah, gonna keep this one for evahh

Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer

Not much mud around here in southern Arizona. We have a couple old Honda 2wd and an old Yamaha 4wd for putting around the desert roads and trails.

Having said that, I am impressed as hell. Just put up a CanAm logo at the end and run it as a commercial.

I see the PVC air intakes in front of the riders. Are there traps on the exhaust to prevent intrusion if an engine dies?

Matt B

Old 03-13-2013, 06:37 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by oldmattb
Not much mud around here in southern Arizona. We have a couple old Honda 2wd and an old Yamaha 4wd for putting around the desert roads and trails.

Having said that, I am impressed as hell. Just put up a CanAm logo at the end and run it as a commercial.

I see the PVC air intakes in front of the riders. Are there traps on the exhaust to prevent intrusion if an engine dies?

Matt B
Matt- I just returned this morning from Tempe az. - wish I had more time to spend there - was there on business- such a nice town, so clean. it felt strange not being surrounded by forest! you're right tho- there no place around there to ride these types of atv's. i'd own a sporty out there for sure.

as long as the engine stays running, theres enough back pressure to keep the h2o out of the pipe. if the engine stalls while the pipe is under water, usually you can just stand the atv up to drain the pipe, and then remove the plug on the bottom of the baffler- plug the exhaust , start it up and force it out the plug hole (the lowest point of the baffle can) can-am puts their air cleaner way up under near the bars- (where most atv's have gas tanks) can-am put the outty's tank down low in the rear of the frame to help with keeping a low center of gravity. there's also a cvt breather located just under the dash pod- sometimes you'll see 3 snorkel tubes- one for the air intake, one for the cvt intake and one for the cvt exhaust - these things are designed to be ridden in water upto the seat

Old 03-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the explanation.

We just got here in September. We spent most of our vacations here, so it made sense to relocate. The dirt roads start literally at the end of our driveway. We have friends of friends who have ridden their ATVs from Mesa to New Mexico - all off-road.

We are old farts and new to ATVs so we have utility ATVs. Twenty MPH still seems REAL fast. Actually leaving the ground seems too scary!

Matt B

Originally Posted by beergut
Matt- I just returned this morning from Tempe az. - wish I had more time to spend there - was there on business- such a nice town, so clean. it felt strange not being surrounded by forest! you're right tho- there no place around there to ride these types of atv's. i'd own a sporty out there for sure.

as long as the engine stays running, theres enough back pressure to keep the h2o out of the pipe. if the engine stalls while the pipe is under water, usually you can just stand the atv up to drain the pipe, and then remove the plug on the bottom of the baffler- plug the exhaust , start it up and force it out the plug hole (the lowest point of the baffle can) can-am puts their air cleaner way up under near the bars- (where most atv's have gas tanks) can-am put the outty's tank down low in the rear of the frame to help with keeping a low center of gravity. there's also a cvt breather located just under the dash pod- sometimes you'll see 3 snorkel tubes- one for the air intake, one for the cvt intake and one for the cvt exhaust - these things are designed to be ridden in water upto the seat

Quick Reply: Why we ride Can-Am!