CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Black & Yellow ride together

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2001, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DS650Dave & Lakota Rode together at TCTRI.Yup I finally rode with another DS.
I was clearing my campsite so I had put my truck& trailer in the main drive & was blocking it.I noticed someone looking at the DS.WhenI took a second look I saw a Black DS.Went over started talking to him ,he said he was "Lakota " from the ATVconnection.Lakota was with afreind so the three of us took a ride around some of TCTRI property.Was alot fun seeing another Ds rider& his machine.
Any other DS650 riders in the area are welcome to join us sometime at TCTRI.

Old 04-15-2001, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

Hello DS650DAVE, Lakota here. Just remember I am going up to TCTRI next weekend with 7 more friends, so if it is nice, try to make it.

Old 04-15-2001, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

The 2 of you should take a trip out west some day. I've yet to go riding and not see another DS out with me. That's regardless of were I go or how bad the weather is.

Old 04-15-2001, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Lakota,YES I will be there,need to work on campsite.Probably do some riding also........PRAY FOR GOOD WEATHER!

Old 04-16-2001, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Knutz,

I guess I could have made an entire new topic, but with your 22" holeshots, do you get a lot of tire shake at high speed? Once I hit 65 mph or so, from there on up to top speed, I'm shaking like Janet Reno crapping a peach seed. I can barely hold on. I had the same problem with my Banshee, have you been able to solve it on your DS?

Disclaimer: I not trying to misalign any handicapped people, just making a point of reference.

Old 04-16-2001, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

I have just a little bit of this in what I quess is the 75mph area. It was actually worse with the stock tires. One small trick I learned a long time ago,4 wheeling, was a way to mount a tire as centered as possible when you can't actually ballance the tire. Once the tire is on the wheel, but BEFORE the bead is seated, lube the rim and bead well[soap water works well] and spin the tire on the wheel at least one full turn. This helps to ensure that the bead will center itself on the rim. Sometime a tire will hang in one spot or another as it is seating and will cause the bead to shift slightly, exagerating any manufacturing imballance that the tire may already have. This is far from a foolproof way of eliminating the shake, but worth a try. You could always ballance the tire with stick-on weights, but that is not exactly the most atractive look.[just make sure you put duct tape over the weights or they will never stay on.]

Old 04-16-2001, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Knutz,

My stock radials were balanced really well and it was a shock to go back to the warped feeling after them. When I get around to it, I'll try your suggestion. It sure can't hurt!

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2001, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Knutz,this summer heading to Glamis for July 4th Holiday,hope to see more DS riders.

Old 04-16-2001, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

You will see many more DS riders there, but keep in mind that 4th of July is not one of there busiest weekends. It's going to be HOT as all get out there that weekend. Spring and fall weekends are the biggest because it's cool enough to survive. Thanksgiving and Presidents Day are to 2 best.

Old 04-17-2001, 02:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Not to discourage you from making the trek to 'the promise land' of Glamis, but I hear lots of talk of triple digit temperatures out there during the summer. Be sure to bring lots and lots of fluid - if you don't have a CamelBack or similar device I'd suggest picking one up.

Quick Reply: Black & Yellow ride together