CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 Custom X Series 2 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2001, 02:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recieved a scanned picture of the Custom X Series 2 Slip on exhaust dyno chart. I haven't taken the time to figure out how to post the actual picture here, but I'll give a synopsis:

Custom X Series 2
Max HP: 41.8
Max Torque: 41.5

Stock DS650
Max HP: 40.1
Max Torque: 35.5

Custom X Series 1
Max HP: 39.6
Max Torque: 35.8

Viewing the dyno runs of the series 1, which also includes a stock DS650, I notice the stock and series 1 torque is about 35.5-8. The additional 6 ft-lbs. (17% or so) torque from the Series 2 seems quite substantial to me. In addition to a lot more torque, this Series 2 pipe has just shy of +2 HP on top as well as some major gains in the bottom end.

This Custom X series 2 exhaust looks like a run away winner for seemingly every category. Also noting that, Peter did tell me a couple of days ago he would be e-mailing me this information, and he even kept true to his word, unlike ALL of the other companies whom I spoke with that were going to 'fax me the dyno charts' and never did.

At this point I have a hard time finding a reason why NOT to buy this pipe, and only the reasoning that I now need to decide where to get the money to pay for it.

BTW- if anyone more literate in this package of forums knows how to post pictures directly let me know and I'll be happy to post it for all to see. Otherwise e-mail me, it's in .jpg format.

Old 04-29-2001, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

Yes Peter stands behind what he says. I agree, he does get back to you, unlike a lot of the other mfg. I have also tried to get info from. The most common is you email them a specific tech question and you get a 'sales' answer, no tech info just a price.

Below is what Peter sent to me, he sent the dyno chart as well which I don't know how to post either. If anyone is interested contact me via email and I will forward it to you. Maybe we can get bombardierds650.com to post it? The numbers do look pretty good and so does the slip on product. At 3500 RPM an increase from 25 to 38 in torque or a 52% increase.

"Well here is the dyno results as promised, we have just finished our first
production run of these pipes and they're proving pretty popular in the US due
to the fact theyre heaps quieter. Each of the new series 2 pipes are certified
to conform not to exceed 93db at full throttle on the proviso that thaey are
installed correctly and have not been modified.

As you can see by the dyno results there is an incease in power right through te
rev range, however the majority is at the bottom end with a gain of 7hp at
3500rpm and a gain of 2 hp at 6000 rpm ( overstock ).

If you have any further question please don't hesitate to contact me ,

Best regards

Peter van Loenhout."

Old 04-29-2001, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I've been in contact with Dirt Wheels magazine and they would like to do a feature on my Team Pami motors. Thanks to the glowing reports from all of the Custom X owners on this forum, I'm talking with Peter now to have a Custom X on my quad befor the magazine review. I will also be able to give a dyno chart compairison between the Custom X and a Big Gun that I currently have. [If I can figure out how to post them also] I really believe that the smaller a company is, the more it cares about the customers it gets, like Peter does.

Old 05-01-2001, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds great, where do I find one? I have yet to see any info on the custom x anywhere but this forum. Is it quieter than the Yoshimura (anything is quieter than the yosh)and how does it compare?

Old 05-01-2001, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

how does it compare to the Woods pipe as for power?

Old 05-02-2001, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

To get more info or buy a Custom X contact:

Matix Automation
Peter Van Loenhout
Phone - 61 8 9300 9025
Fax - 61 8 3 300 2909
mailtovanlo@q-net.net.au

As far as how this pipe compares to ANY other pipes, I can't say as I've never seen any pipes in person aside from stock. From the statistics that I've been able to obtain of all the pipes, (most places never gave me anything, even after repeated attempts - Peter actually responded and came through with the exact information he said he would give me) this one APPEARS to be far and away the best, however, only trial and error will tell. I know thus far, this is the only manufacturer of pipe where all of the people who own one have only great things to say about it. For me, that speaks volumes.

Old 05-02-2001, 12:59 AM
Range Rover

Go here http://bombardierds650.com/reviews/customx.htm to see the review on the Series 1 pipe. If you want more information and the dyno test for the Series 2 pipe just email Peter, his email address is at the bottom of the review.

Old 05-02-2001, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks much for the info. Think i'll give the custom x's 90db a thy and remove the ear plugs

Old 05-09-2001, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Just got my seriers II and it look great.

Old 05-11-2001, 03:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Does this mean we are going to get a ride report this weekend? How about an install report, maybe even some pictures of the final product on your fine machine?

Quick Reply: DS650 Custom X Series 2 Dyno results