CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Whats your ds have done to it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey scooby you get that thing running good yet, when you gonna race Knutz or Hemi?

Old 07-23-2001, 12:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've been debugging the turbo setup on the weekends. The intercooler pipes were chocking the motor. The intercooler setup was hurting throttle response and adding turbo lag. I bypassed the intercooler and I'm adding a plenum - the DS runs much better this way. I have an HKS super sequential blow off valve that is badly needed during gear shifts to keep the turbo spooled. I need to finalize the intake setup and have some pipes welded. I switched to methanol. A new clutch with PAMI HD springs won't hold the power at 12psi of boost. The EFI setup needs to be tuned once these other things are taken care of. I may leave the intercooler off since the methanol acks like an intercooler. I probably will need an extended swingarm, but I don't want to ruin the handling so I'll only go a few extra inches in length. I'm trying to finish by end of August. The power is up considerably from the initial setup. I bring the DS to little sahara sand dunes in Oklahoma. www.waynoka.com If anyone wants to race they can meet up with me here. I'd like to get some video of it to post online.

Old 07-23-2001, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Scooby,

What sort of oil are you using? I'm sorry to hear that my springs aren't holding the clutch, but I wonder if something else could be wrong to cause the slip. I, and other customers of mine, have not been able to slip the clutch with my Team Pami springs. The chassis makes me wheelie hard, long befor I can even use all of the power I have, so I'm guessing that without a seriously extended swing arm, you should have the same problem.

I wish I could make it out to OK to run with you. I'm interested to see how it does with all the bugs worked out.

Old 07-23-2001, 08:51 AM
Range Rover

What I have is in my sig. There is a lot of stuff I want, but I'm getting married in three months. I also haven't been racing due to an injury at work, so between the two it has kept the mod-bug dorment. When I get some money up I want to get a rev box and tach. Hopefully soon!! Anyone who has a deal on some goodies let me know.

Old 07-24-2001, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

hey ryan
I run district 23 xc ....see you in brainard!! I remember a ds at some of the races ..must have been you ...pro rider ? I remember you being in b class .....lol

Old 07-24-2001, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

biggy
what do you mean pro rider ? and LOL? I'v only raced 2 races (cross country). I know i'm not that good. I hope your comments were not ment to RUB IT IN. Anyway, i'v seen a few ds's at the xc races. Both my xc races, i'v got the holeshot and led for at leat 10 min ( ha ha ). First race i hit a tree and got stuck in a nasty waterhole (monticello). and my second race at MILLVILLE i got caught behind a crashed rider (2 actully). Maybe i am slow, but we have to start somewhere right..

ryan
00 ds

Old 07-24-2001, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

well I went a little crasy and spent some money on the DS this week....lets see alba seat cover and graphics kit, dg front screen bunper, graydon proline skids, gas cap, oil dipstick, break rez covers, new plastic to go with the graphics and I think that is it. I already had white bros pipe, K&N filter, alba sprocket cover, fly racing bars, motion pro twist throttle, works steelers tripple rate, tires..realters, paddla brats play cut. TM design chain roller. So now I'm broke but at least my quad will be kick a$$.... LOL

Old 07-24-2001, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

What type of plastic? what does it look like? what color? ho wmuch

ryan
00 ds

Old 07-25-2001, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

The plastic is just the stock yellow. I already had the rear plastic from when it was rolled and new replaced but I bought the front piece and a new tank cover to go with the graphics. I figured If I was spending the money on the graphics I should at least have new plastic. BTW the front piece was 86 bucks the tank cover was 26 and the back is 65 of somthing like that.

Old 07-25-2001, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Knutz, you still wanna set me up with that piston/valve job/porting/cams? Winter is approching and i'm starting to look for somone to do it. How much would you charge if i sent everything? the majority of the riding i'll be doing next year will be Motocross (district 23) and xc racing.

ryan
00 ds