CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just installed pusher-front mount radiator fan on DS....Baja style.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.... This went pretty well. It's a tight fit, but I got it in with the stock screen with only a large hole torched in it the size of the fan. I thought I might have to split the screen and put each half in from each side, but I was able to keep it in one piece. The fan is a pusher, since it is mounted in front. It is also larger, 7.5 inches, than the stock rear mounted fan, as front mounted fans are less efficient than "suckers". It is mounted low on the front of the radiator, the bottom of the freshly torched hole is only a half inch above the bottom screen bolts. So the stock fan pulls high, and the front pusher rides low. They overlap about 50%.
.....An on/off/auto switch would be ideal, but I may just plug it in seasonally or in case the stock fan fails, again. But I think the extra air is going to extend the life of the stock fan which really is too close to the exhaust headers.
....By the way, I thought this was easier to put in than replacing the stock fan, which is really a pain in the a$$. I also mounted the circle I cut out back in front of the fan, then snap-tied the whole thing together. The screen is bolted back in place, and won't allow the fan to go anywhere, though it should probably have some mechanical mounts of its own, even just to the screen, which is pretty sturdy.
.... Off Road Warehouse has these fans, 858-565-7792. SPAL Type VA14-AP7/C-345 I will try and get some pics up this week.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2001, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a pic DS Fan Some tabs to mount the fan to the screen would be nice, even a larger circle screen to cover the edges. I mounted the fan up and down, with mounts at 11 and one o'clock and 5 and 7 o'clock. I think it would be better to mount it sideways, with mounts at 2,4,8 and 10 o'clock. It would be easier to get at the bolts this way. Right now it is just sandwiched and snap-tied together, okay for trail riding for a while, but not for BAJA![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Point is it works, and it fits. It is a larger fan located far from the destructive heat given off from the exhaust headers which has been eating our fans. Perhaps the factory mount from the new Baja will be a direct bolt on.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]