CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What no Fast Dune Sleds at Glamis?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quoted:

"Once again another weekend at Glamis and neither myself nor my friends ever ran across a single fast DS or Cannondale. I have read in all the forums how these bikes slightly modded will spank a similarly modified Raptor, but I have never seen one. In fact this past Thanksgiving weekend at Glamis (largest crowd I have ever seen) the best competition from the single 4-stroke crowd came from 440ex's on nitrous (close but no cigar). There certainly must be a few out there that can ream us poor Trinity Raptor riders a new one, because the competition is a bit sparse. One would think with the 200 DS' and few Cannondales at the largest dune event in the world one would be fast?? We will be out again in two weeks and really don't mind losing, I just wish one of the MANY fast DS' would show up to play.

For those of you who think this is a bit on the trash talking side, then so be it. If that is what it takes to get someone faster to run, then we are on the right track.

My Raptor to Raptor un-defeated status was put to a grinding halt by a pretty good whooping by Raptor720 on the big hill Saturday, when he extracted revenge for his prior defeats to the lowly Trinity 686."

Damn I hear about all these fast DS AKA (Dune Sled) but nobody sees them....lol

Old 11-26-2001, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

The fastest Kelosal Kraptor clocked at the hill went a whopping 42mph up comp hill. It had an 8" over swingarm and a biggun pipe. Lets hope it was'nt a 720 because that's pathetic.

Old 11-26-2001, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

U should be able to take a joke your riding one. Did you have to take your shoes off to count that high? ...LOL (king flaptor of thy jaw)

Old 11-27-2001, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I will tell my story. I was there the week before. I know that it was not the big weekend, but it was the next best thing!!!!! While I was out at the drag strip that weekend, only the banshees would run with us. Yes, some of the banshees walked all over us, but most of them could not stay with my girlfriends DS or mine. But to top it off.....Not one Raptor would run with us. We ran the drag strip 20 to 30 times, and not one would run!!!!! I hope next year I am able to stay through Thanksgiving weekend. From what I had seen, It would have been fun.

James

Old 11-27-2001, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

KingRaptor,Love to come play(with my Dirt-Doo),but its quite a haul for me to make it to Glamis.....Hopefully someday that way all you raptor guys can try and get a piece of me,curious on how I would fair against some other big bore fourstrokes.I dont get many tricked out Raptors or DS's at Sand Mountain NV (my usual stomping grounds)to play with.I wish I could have talked my wife into heading south this Turkey day,it was cold in Nevada.I dont mind losing either,but I would rather win.....Hehehe.
How much did Raptor720 take you by?
I have been clocked anywhere from 51 to 57 mph up Sand Mountain,don't really know how that compares to the hills you race at Glamis?
DuneDevil,I guess I missed ya at Sand Mtn?
Jeff

P.S KingRaptor,I think that is trash talking but it's working...........Let me know if you come up this way.

Old 11-27-2001, 09:56 AM
Trailblazer

Gotta love stirring the pot.....lol

Old 11-27-2001, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Well, we are hitting buttercup this weekend. I am interested in seeing how my 310 will do against some of the better built big thumpers.

Old 11-27-2001, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

I was at the Gordons Well drags Friday and saw 2 DS'. One had a nitro bottle on the rear bumper, seemed pretty fast but I was not able to see the end of the drag strip from where I was. Did get a few pic's of them.
DS at the Drags (link will be live tonight)
and:DS beating a banshee off the line

and for all the pic's go HERE

Old 11-27-2001, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

There was a black DS at Dumont this weekend that was smoking everything less then exotic on the hill, Was that anybody on this forum?? I didn't get a chance to talk to him nor did I see any visable performance items other then a pipe and he was pulling the hill in 4th. Not bad

Old 11-27-2001, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

I've only been building the big bore DS's for a few months now, and don't have alot of them out there. As the word spreads and I get more motors out there, Glamis will start to be like Dumont was last weekend. After the first couple of races, I couldn't get a Raptor to line up with me. There was one Raptor that seamed to be faster than all the others, but he tryed very hard to avoid me. Rumor had it that it was a big bore, but I could not talk to him. I don't mind losing either, and I will say that I was beaten this weekend, but not by many. And no Raptors were even close. Raptor 720[very nice guy] and I have talked, and he knew were I would be this weekend, so it's not like I'm hiding these motors. I hope that Jeffinrivercity can get down to Glamis soon also, since he currently has the fastest DS around, but I'm building more, and faster ones, as we speak. The one thing I do get a kick out of, is these Raptor trash talkers never want to leave there home area, they always want to talk the trash but expect you to come to them. I'm from Nevada, but go to SoCal to ride at Dumont, if your really intrested in meeting up, then take a cruise to were you know you'll find me. I put it out in the Yamaha forum, over a month ago, that I'd be at Dumont for Thanksgiving, I couldn't find a single fast raptor there. But there were at least 2 of my big bores there[a 702 and my 760]. No other 4 strokes could hang with either of us, and only a hand full of 2 strokes could beat me. I think the slowest bike that beat me was a Trinity 500cc Banshee, and he got me by about a bike and a half at most[by the way, the rider was about 40 lbs lighter than me]. Jeff could have beaten him with time to spare.

I don't mind this trash talking a bit, and I'm prepaired to back it up. I MAY try to get to Glamis for New Years, but it depends on money. If I can't make it there, I'll be at Dumont again. I don't know why The SoCal folk don't want there DS's to go fast, but they just don't order alot from me. Maybe they all run Ron Woods Racing motors, and that's why your not impressed. Try MO, more of them want to go faster[on there DS] than any other state. Believe it or not, there is life outside Glamis.

Quick Reply: What no Fast Dune Sleds at Glamis?