CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I'd like to know if.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys i'd like to know if anyone else has the alba pipe an jet kit,
i have a question.

2000ds
alba pipe kit
k&n filter
outerwears
custom top a-arms
custom fender braces
custom lights
22" SPIDERTRACKS

Old 12-05-2001, 11:43 PM
Range Rover

I have the Alba pipe. I bought it used, so I put toghether my own filter and jet kit, but ask your question, I will help if I can.

Old 12-06-2001, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I been using the Alba pipe for about a year now.

Old 12-06-2001, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Gottahavaraptor,when you put your alba pipe on your ds an change the jetting did you play whit your needle in your carb,i'm asking you this because when i got my kit i installed the pipe first,then the filter(in the air box no lid)then i changed the jetting but the thing is i got the main jet whit the kit you on the other hand did not get the jet that comes whit the kit right.
So what i'm trying to say is do you thing that the jet that comes whit the kit isn't all that good.

Old 12-06-2001, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Duneds,did you use the jet that came whit the kit.

Old 12-07-2001, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought the DS650 last year from ALBA, after break-in I had them install there kit. I have not had a problem with the kit at all. There are no flat spots or too many hiccups. It will sometimes backfire through the carb while starting, other than that it seems to work.

I have tried with the airbox cover, and without. I cannot notice a differance other than the noise coming from under the seat. I talked to Jeff @ ALBA concerning running with the airbox cover off. He stated that they Dynoed the engine with and without the airbox cover on, there was no change in power. However he stated that they are working on a trick airbox cover with vents. I guess we will see.

Old 12-07-2001, 10:03 AM
Range Rover

<< Gottahavaraptor,when you put your alba pipe on your ds an change the jetting did you play whit your needle in your carb,i'm asking you this because when i got my kit i installed the pipe first,then the filter(in the air box no lid)then i changed the jetting but the thing is i got the main jet whit the kit you on the other hand did not get the jet that comes whit the kit right.
So what i'm trying to say is do you thing that the jet that comes whit the kit isn't all that good.
>>

I installed the pipe with 12 spacers in the spark arrestor, installed the unifilter, and installed a 170 main jet which I purchased seperately. I did not alter anything else in the carb. I have run the bike only with the airbox lid on, and although I haven't put too many miles on it since I did this, it seems to run great....I will probably leave it as is. Incidently, I did phone Alba and ask them what size main comes with the kit, and was told &quot;167.5, and no other alterations to the carb are necessary&quot;. I couldn't find a 167.5 main, but got a 170, as I said, it runs great. Hope this helps.

Old 12-07-2001, 01:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I used the jet that came with the kit - a 167.5. My DS was running very lean at sea level. I called Alba, and was sent 2 more jets - a 170 and 172.5 - for free. Before I tried those jets, I decided to bypass the airbox, which required the use of a 195. This is working well for 1/4 to 3/4 throttle, but full throttle, my quad bogs until it hits higher RPMS. Putting the air filter directly onto the carb and using the dynojet kit gave me vast improvement for the $$$ and I highly recommend.

Old 12-07-2001, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

DSWolf, how did you fab your fender braces?

Old 12-07-2001, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

I want to thank you guys for your help i think i'm gonna go whit the carb mounted filter an the dynojet kit buy the way what comes in that kit just jets or what.

Duneds i made my braces whit scrap metal i had and my mig,i did them in about an hour i whas in a hurry they do the job but they don't look god i will make nice aluminium ones after xmass e-mail me your adress i'll take some pics an mail them to you it will give you an idea if you want to make some for your ds.

later....