CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 will be in the shop for a checkup

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2000, 09:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It turns out the dealer messed up the carb on the DS650 when I brought it in for the checkup. They deny it and refuse to fix it. The choke has only one working position now instead of two. The engine is harder to start. When warming up, the idle varies and the DS will sometimes stall. The engine backfires occassionally and stalls.

BlackHawk: The carb that comes with the Ron Woods Stage One Kit is a modified Mikuni FlatSide TM45. They say the stock vacuum operated 42mm carb has a butterfly restricting the venturi to give an effective size of 38-40mm, and can't be enlarged easily. I posted the gains they claim in another thread. They are impressive from low rpm to high rpm. Look for Dirt Wheels & 4-Wheel ATV Action evaluations in the next two issues. I don't know if Ron Wood offers fuel injection.

Old 02-18-2000, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

We had one of our DS 650's doing the same thing you are mentioning about the choke. The cause of he problem was a bent choke shaft causing it to stick. I think you should choose another dealer because I don't feel they are representing Bombardier's concerns about the happiness of the owners of Bombardier products. If you get the RWR kit it won't matter anyway.

Old 02-20-2000, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

Went trail riding last weekend, kept hearing a load clanking after hitting a ditch wfo in 4th, thank godness for 11.5" of travel and short curse words. Any way, the glass on the light cover came loose. I can't say I'm fond of the installation from the factory. It is held on with a light weight gray putty, no clips or anything. The parts weren't damaged at all. Just irritating, I'll make it a point to put a couple of large zip ties in the tool bag. returned the part to the dealer. I'd just assume fix it right myself, but if bombardier has enough warranty claims maybe they'll re-engineer the part.

Old 02-23-2000, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer

JUst so you know, the factory recommended "The Right Stuff" to re-seal the light. Hope I never have to try and replace just the lens, I've used the product before, and it holds.