CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 Aftermarket Swingarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 02:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who has an aftermarket swingarm for the DS650?

Is it +4, +6, -1?

Who makes it?

How long did it take for delivery? What delivery time was quoted?

What did it cost and with what finish?

How much weight does it save?

Does your rear shock need to be re-sprung or re-valved?

Any installtion issues or tips? axle, brake line, chain length, etc.

Can the stock chain and brake skid plate be used?

Are there appropriate mounts?

Where are the grease zerks?

Is it only compatible with an OEM DS650 axle carrier setup? I've heard of people changing the entire swingarm and axle carrier setup to something similar to 250R style components.

Old 12-19-2001, 09:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

HEY SCOOBY i don't remember what i paid for my timmy boys but marky has that coverd but i do know how they ride the +2 with minor adj
can run stock shock set up and dose handle a little better landing big jumps than the stock.but the +4 needs shock work. ill let you know how much when we get it dialed in.i just installed it tightend up my spring and headed to the dunes all excited that for once i would not wheelie all the way down the track which is correct she dose not wheelie so easy any more.BUT NOW I HAVE 14+" TRAVEL and i was getting beat by bikes i normaly stomp but the biggest issue i have with timmy boy[and i do like tim]is quality i dont know if marky noticed but he dosent appear to have a adj.port for his shock and my frist one. was off so far you could not make an adj anyway. and my secound one they forgot it all together we will have to adj. it with an angledriver.but when they do get it right its right. there was a few other issues but he did make them right. and as for weight there is a noticable difference in weight but i dont have the proper equip. to tell you how much.mine were bare i had mine powder coated yellow.and at the time no one else would make + sizes for me not even lonestar and as for insallation stock bushing just didn't fit right so i had to have new bushings made[i installed one and custom atv installed the other we both had bushing problems] as for chain 2+ stock chain plus one link 4+stock lenth plus 6 links.and all guards fit perfect when theve got it right thats those other issues i spoke of earlier but take all this with a grain of salt because i belive i was the frist + sizer for timmy so by now he's probably got it down.good luck

Old 12-19-2001, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Timmy Boy -1, saved 7 pounds, $600 bare, YOU WILL HAVE TO REBUILD SHOCK, it is not ridable with stock setup with the -1 inch arm.

Old 12-20-2001, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

I had to drill my zirk myself.

Old 12-20-2001, 09:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

YES MARKY thats correct the zirk did come on my 4+ and i also talked with timmy today and as i mentioned about the shock adj hole they decided not to put it in on extended swing arms for structual reasons. oops no one told me.and my frist one had it.

Old 12-27-2001, 05:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Has anyone heard if Knutz and/or diamondgracing swingarms are out yet and if they have any issues?

Old 02-20-2002, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm having trouble finding the correct type/size/dimension of chain segment to add for my extended swingarm. Who sells the correct type/size/dimension?

Old 02-20-2002, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Marky,
How much ia the the nickle plated chain?
My +4 Timmyboy swingarm had a zirk,also it showed up in a week and a 1/2 after the order........got lucky I guess.
Jeff

Old 03-02-2002, 01:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

After a delay, I finaly received my +4" chrome timmyboy swingarm. Even at +4" I think there is a few pounds saved. With the chrome, the thing is beautiful. I might have some pics in a week. It has a grease zerk. It looks like all holes are identical, for skid plates, rear shock bolt access, brake line clamp. I sent timmyboy new stock bushings and they pressed them in for me before shipping the swingarm. They also have the longer rear brake line.

I have a new 530 chain. Need to cut it to size.

The stock rear shock may turn out to be a bit soft, I'll have to see how it handles. I actually ordered a +3", but got a +4 instead. +3" would not be as soft as a +4".