CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bummed out with Bombardier! BAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 12:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK this is my second bombardier Quest XT 650 in 3 monthe the last one had the tranny jam up ant 100 miles while plowing and now the second one(it cost me $300 to get out of the first one) has gone and done the same thing, the only reason I was able to get out of the first one is that it was going to take 4 weeks for parts to fix my it. So here I am stuck with the same problem that Bombadier does know about and has told my dealer that it can happen in a few of them. So I dont want to own a bombadier and I feel that the dealer and bombadier should just give me back my money so I can buy a honda or maybe a suzuki or some piece of crap Jap rig because I think that the canadians are smoking crack on there lunch hour and that they cant built a sport ute for crap. Can anyone give me a customer service number or web site, I don't want to deal with the dealer again I want to talk to the folks who made this piece of garbage and find out what the hell I can do to fix this situation.

ColdNCruel in Wi
coldncruel@hotmail.com
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2001, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

I have had bad luck dealing with Bombardier customer service or for that matter LACK of Customer service. My DS 650 was 2 months out of warranty, with 20 hours on it and they would ONLY pay for half the cost of parts NOT including labor for my blown motor. In fact if it wasn't for this forum and the bombardierds650.com forum and the e-mail to Bomb's customer service from those forums I doubt they would have done anything at all. Its fixed now and running well so far. The motor is past the 20 hour mark and running like a top. As far as Bombardiers customer service goes.....I for one am NOT happy. I am grateful that they did help me when in all reality they did'nt have to BUT to deal with the arrogant French Canadanians was not a pleasure to say the least. They took no interest in finding out why the motor blew. As a "rookie" in the ATV world I would think they would like to know what caused the motor to blow. I am not the only DS owner that has had a blown motor and I would like to think that a company would like to know the cause to see if it was or wasn't a manufacturing defect and make improvements to to better thier product. But it seems they have no interest in doing that. I am happy with my DS and I'm still glad I did'nt buy a Raptor. I just wanted a little more help with the cost of a $3,000 motor, like maybe selling me the other half of the parts at cost. I for one will not buy another Bombardier product ever again and I'm still waiting on a Honda big bore sport bike. So ColdNCruel GOOD LUCK with Bombardier.

Old 12-24-2001, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

Sorry to hear that,neighbor.
But on the up side, my SP 500 is back from the dead.
So I guess the only place I'll see you is........................IN MY DUST.
Seriously though. If you got it at The Outpost, they carry other brands. See if you can return it and buy another brand. That way, they are more likely to help you out.
Merry Christmas. I'm sure I'll see you sooner or later on the "railroad".

Old 12-27-2001, 12:49 PM
Range Rover

I'm really sorry to hear about your Quest problems.

Try this email address for customer support:

bombardier.service@recreation.bombardier.com

Old 12-28-2001, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well Guys I went to the dealer yester day to drop of the monster and to my surprise I think they are going to take care of me, without having to bitch. Bombardier is Airfrieghting the new replacement part to the dealer and they are going to give me back the 300 that I paid to get the new machine when the first one went bad. I have found out that this is a MAJOR problem for this machine. The dealer has 4 of then now in the shop....(I broke 2 of them lol) and the parts are on back order due to the demand of this repair. I hope they can fix it and right too. I am to recieve a call from the skidoo rep soon they told me at the dealer and I'm going to see if I can work them for some more free crap. I'll keep ya posted on my baby's recovery.

Later ColdnCruel
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2001, 11:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Viking, Have you had any problems with yours? if not you should still check with your dealer, I was told this is a problem that is and can effect all of the automatic trans machines anfd you may want to get the upgraded part installed........Before it happens to you. It happens when plowing or putting a lot of pressure on the shift linkage. FYI
Later

Old 12-28-2001, 07:54 PM
Range Rover

No, I haven't had any problems with my Quest. Did the dealer indicate the serial numbers of the affected machines?

Keep us posted on how this goes and what the Bombardier Rep has to say.

Cheers and I hope everything gets fixed up to your satisfaction.

CV

Old 12-28-2001, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

all i have to say is that bombardier is taking care of the prob.......NUFF SAID. look at all the raptor owners fresh out of a trans and in the cold.

p.s. not meant to bash