CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Best place to buy 2 DS650 Baja's around Northern California?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of friends are going to each buy the Baja and I am trying to help them track down the best price. I think they would be willing to go to Oregon, Southern Cal, or Nevada if they can find a good deal. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 01-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

For sure do some checking around, there are some dealers out there that were asking alot for them and now find that they have a couple that they are looking to get rid of. I am looking to buy a still-in-the-crate Baja for $6300 + T/L [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2002, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

During the summer there are some great deals in So Ca. Most riders in this area don't ride except during the "season" (fall-spring), so dealers are eager to make a deal. I found an XR50 for my son last July in L.A. for $899. Previously I had bought my other son the same bike in the Bay Area for $1,200. If your friends can wait this might be a good place to look.

Old 01-06-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

hey raptorfrog. It looks like we are from the same town and we ride the same quads by your username. I got 2 raptors. I was down at wave warriors the other day and they had a baja ds650 there, not sure on the price but i had bought a couple snowmobiles from them a few years ago and they gave me good deals on them so i bet you could negotiate a good price with them on it. I know they have that one, they might have another in a crate or something too. Wave Warriors is where hammers ski and marine use to be, on the south side of the freeway between sunrise and hazel. Maybe we can hook up and ride some time since we are so close. Where do u ride? We ride mostly sand but go up iron mountain rd. sometimes and also go to prarie city every once in a while, also ridden up in the rubicon area. Keep in touch, Sean

Old 01-06-2002, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hammer's,quoted me $7,400.00 dont remember if that was OTD though,dont think you will find any deals in Sac-Town.
Jeff

Old 01-07-2002, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

jetsnow600,
Thanks for the info on Wave Warriors. I ride at Prairie City for the most part but also get to Mammoth Bar on occasion and Pismo once a year or so. I'm all for hooking up to ride. I'd like to get back to Mammoth Bar and ride their track if the rain would settle down a bit. Ever do any racing? I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to find some mx races around here. Take it easy,

Chris

Old 01-07-2002, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

I got mine at Anytime Power Sports. They just moved to Auburn Blvd. I got a good deal but, the factory was offering rebates of $1000 at the time in addition to the sale price they were offering. This was back in early August (off season).

I was up in Chico on business and there is a guy there that mostly sold snow mobiles but, he did have some good prices on DS's as well. Not sure if he has any of the Baja bikes. This was a few months back.

If your buddies really want a good deal they may have to wait until summer (especially if the rebates are offered again.)

I met a guy at Pismo last week that got one just before Christmas down in the LA area. Sounded like he paid MSRP (I think it was $7400+tax&lic.)

Now, on to the Riding.

Where are you guys going in the mountains? Anyone ridden on any packed snow anywhere? I know of an area near Truckee that is more or less a road but, packed snow on it. Also, heading out of Chico towards Lake Almanor is an area (cannot remember the name of the place, it is near a Boyscout Camp and a place called the Bambi Inn.) I have never ridden there but remember seeing people ride there years ago. This would require a lower snow to see any accumlation.

Prarie City is a mess these days. Mammoth would be fun to hook up at. I have heard they are implementing a noise regulation there so, Pipes will be out up there.

Let's pick a place close and pick a date for riding so we can all hook up for a ride. Other than football (49ers), the next couple of weekends are good for me.

-Mark

Trending Topics

Old 01-07-2002, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider

dont recommend you going up to the snow. All you will do is dig trenches and any groomed trail is for SNOWMOBILES ONLY. I am more into snowmobiling than i am into ATV'ing so the winter month weekends are pretty much full with snowmobiling except for our annual one week trip to glamis which we just did a week ago or so. I have far more $$ tied up in snowmobiles then quads and there r only limited weekends for snowmobiling so i got to go when i can. hehe. Can you say a 165hp snowmobile weighing in at 500lbs, now that is raw power and thats what i have [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Keep in touch, in mid april is when we start getting back into atving, i hate mud anyways, hehe. Keep in touch, Sean
p.s.- if there is a group get together, i could probably go if its only a 1 day thing.

Old 01-07-2002, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

I got my Baja @ ANYTIME,$7600 otd,not the best price but I couldn't wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Jeff

Old 01-10-2002, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer

Prairie City this Saturday? I am going on Saturday about 9:30 or 10 if any of our fellow Sacramento/Placerville/Elk Grove/Rancho/etc.. area riders are interested? I drive a Green Jeep with a green trailer and have a Black/White Raptor. There is a group of about 5 of us going(They mostly ride 400ex's) and welcome anybody who wants to hang out and ride a bit.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy 2 DS650 Baja's around Northern California?