CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Full Throttle Clutchless Shifting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 01:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my turbo DS650 setup, I need to be able to do full throttle clutchlees shifting in order to maximize acceleration for drag racing.

Does anyone have one of these (or similar) working on their DS650:

1) solenoid pushbutton shifter 3 http://www.holeshot.com/shifters/shifter3.html

2) air shifter http://www.mpsmall.com/mps/products/mps/eoashift.htm

3) battle shifter
http://www.rscycles.com/BattleShifter.htm

Anyone with experince with these types of systems please tell me what you recommend, what the pros and cons are, etc. I have never used this type of a product before.

Thanks.

Old 01-13-2002, 11:54 AM
Range Rover

Cool!!! I'd like to get one for my Cannibal, anyone know if it will work?

Old 01-13-2002, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Scooby, A couple of things <copied from battle shift>
IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR BIKE IN THE LIST ABOVE, DON'T WORRY! BATTLE SHIFTERS CAN BE MADE TO FIT ALMOST ANY BIKE THAT EMPLOYS A SHIFTROD/ SHIFTLINKAGE SYSTEM. JUST MEASURE THE LENGTH OF YOUR SHIFTROD AND BATTLE WILL MAKE ONE TO CUSTOM FIT. I think I am reading this correctly that this system will only work with a linkage connected shifter,
<copied from the air shifter>
Our new Electronic Air Shifter combines the best possible parts to give you perfect shifts at the push of a button. The Electronic Air Shifter includes a DOT Air Bottle, stainless steel shift cylinder, Electric Air Valve, Pro Pushbutton with air ports, Air Gauge, and filler, Electronic Engine Kill, and all neccesary hardware and installation instructions. This shifter is totally compatible with the Auto Shift Control Box. All components are available separately to build your own custom air shifter. If I'm reading this correctly, (I don't see a compressor in there) you have to fill the air bottle through a air nipple, how many shifts do you get from one fillup not too cool if you can only get a couple of runs and then have to go fill the air but I guess you could rig up a small compressor, of course thats more weight. The power shift 3 I like and have been thinking about for a while, I think it would be a easy install and light in weight although it's the most expensive at $440. I was talking to Knutz on friday about this, he brought up that you would need different amounts of cut out for flat drag vs. hillshot, but that's cool after you figgure how much you can get perfect shifts and probably help the tranny live longer too

Old 01-13-2002, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Full Throttle Clutchless Shifting

My bike does that.

Old 01-14-2002, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

AH AH AH SO FUNNY I FORGOT TO LAUGH...................................

Old 01-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

DSWOLF it was just a joke if you didnt find it funny or took it the wrong way sorry nothing i can do about that. Dont feel you had to scream at me though man thats rough.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

HEY SPORTY i got it but i have a polaris so i under stand the humor next time say it slower.

ps do you jump her and how do you like the landing later dude

back to the subject hey marky let me know what you come up with.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Sporty i didn't mean to scream,i kinda typed what came to mind,didn't mean it.

Later..

Old 01-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

No prob. no i dont jump tried once and bike made wierd noise im into drag racing i stick to that. DSwolf thought maybe you were one of those guys that likes to start stuff sorry i miss understood you to. I just cant stand those people that say THIS rules That bike sucks. To me no perfect quad has been made yet, thats why we mod them but i do love my Polaris for me its jut not for everybody.

Old 01-14-2002, 11:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

hey sporty i do a little jumping and nothing lands like the macpherson strut system i was realy impressed. but i mainly drag too

Quick Reply: Full Throttle Clutchless Shifting?