CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

awesome power

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hick-up.................alky?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] belly up to the bar? Did I miss happy hour?
I am thirsty!!!

Old 01-26-2002, 07:20 AM
Trailblazer

TC racing in Warren Pa sells customized Lectrons for different applications, My "44's" cost me less than that with a cable. Which Lectron did you get? There are a couple of different versions. The company (Lectron) refers to their 44/38 Taper Jet as a 44mm carb. But in fact the carburator goes from 44mm at the intake to 38mm at the waste, and back up to 44 mm at the outlet. This configuration allows the carb to be run in certain competitions which limit the carb to a 38mm class. Tom Carlson (TC Racing - 814 723 3511) refers to this as a 38mm carb.
Lecton claims that it will flow with the other 44's. I made special billet aluminum manifolds. I then rubber mount the carbs to the manifolds for shock isolation. The response with the new manifolds is awesome. I ran one of the bikes with a "44" Lectron mounted to a modified rubber stock manifold, but the rubber was not port matched properly. The new set up revs unbelievably quick.

What ever dealer you use will need to know what other engine tricks you have done in order to know which needle and taper to use. The more sophisticated dealers actually modify the flat on the tapered needle, and of course match the needle length and taper to your engine and application. It is important to buy one of these carbs from a dealer who knows them well, and knows the application as well, because they really need some fine tuning (the needles and tapers)sometimes. Yes and they are slick once they are dialed in.

Oh yes I believe these carbs can be used for alcohol but with a different needle and taper. check with Lectron at "www.lectronfuelsystems.com" their tel. # is on the site. Ask for Brian. (they also sell the "procarb&quot which is a different design.

Old 01-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

Fast by Gast has been working with these carbs forever, they also do something to make them flow better. Every prostock team buys these carbs from them, even Vance and Hines. They are also the most helpful people I have ever dealt with. My carb was dialed in perfectly. I don't think there is another carb that will outperform this one.