CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 04:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. It's been a month, lets kick this back into gear!

There should be a sign up sheet added tomorrow evening, as soon as that is up I'll let you all know. Once it is up, please start signing in. It wont be an automatic update though, to avoid problematic 13-year olds from posting the dirty words they heard at school. Right now, these are the fields the sign up sheet will have: (this could change by tomorrow, and if anyone has any input I'd love to hear it.)

----------------------------
Name
Company Name (If applicable)
Email
City
State

Current planned:
Arrival
Departure

Are you willing to caravan?
Would you consider assisting others with transportation to the event?

Tow Rig
# of vehicles in your party
# of DS650s in group
# of OHVs in group
# of people in group

Additional comments

Old 04-16-2002, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds great blackhawk. Also knutz, did you get all that permit mumbo jumbo straightened away? Sean

Old 04-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Blackhawk:

I just sent you an e-mail with a .pdf attachment of a draft flyer for the event. I need a picture of multiple DS's in the sand to include on the flyer.

If we don't have a permit we should make a different one that can be posted at Sand Mt. What do we need to watch out for? What can we include?

I should also make a printer friendly version (less pictures and maybe a map.)

Old 04-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

BlackHawk,
Good Idea!!
It's time to get back on the Bandwagon!!

We don't need a permit to have a great DS get together

The BLM will not issue permits for a holiday weekend.............

P.S. racrdude and I are trying to put a few exciting things together,we will keep you posted.

Jeff

Old 04-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

OK, here is the deal on the permit. The contact up in the area of Sand Mountain NV never sent an application to me. I was then contacted by Crowleyoffroad telling me that they wer not going to issue any permits to any groups on holiday weekends. After hearing that, I tried to work around the group up there, and see what could be done about a permit through a friend of mine. Last week I finally got a call from the office that promised to send the permit application to me. They informed me about what Jon had told me about weeks ago, no permit. They informed me that they were concerned about the fact that talk is still going on about this gathering, and that it was not permissable. When I asked what would prevent us from just showing up, I was informed that anyone who "organized" it could be held liable. When I asked about what is considered "organized", I was told that anyone who schedules anything, hands out any prizes, sells anything, advertizes it, or admitts to helping out the effort is organizing. They informed me that they were also concerned because the web site was promoting it.

Basicly, they don't want us there! I'm not sure exactly what they they mean about being liable for it. It could be financially, if they decide to bring in extra rangers or an ambulance. It could be criminally, if they want to procecute for an "unlawfull gathering". It seamed there biggest concern was that it would take extra work to handle it, and the mention of our group covering the added expence didn't help a bit. I get the feeling they have an easy job, and don't want to be bothered with doing anything extra, regardless if it's what they are suposed to do or not.

If it goes on at Sand Mountain NV, I have to pull Knutz Concepts out of the picture. I will still show up. I'll enjoy what ever is organized. I always bring spare parts with me that I would just as soon give away as take home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] , but I can't risk being involved in the "organizing" since they have my name and contact info already.

Maybe this should move to Sand Mountain UT? If NV doesn't want our money or our help with the clean up, maybe we can move it to a more "quad friendly" state.

I'm sorry to post this bad news. I tried my best to work around it.

Old 04-16-2002, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

they cant prosecute us for a bunch of friends getting together on a big weekend and having some fun. Thats what everybody out there does. Informal events and we will be fine. At easter when we were out there, they said there were 3000 people, what is 100 more to them. nothing.

Old 04-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Little Sahara, Waynoka ,ok..ds days....

Old 04-16-2002, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

<< Little Sahara, Waynoka ,ok..ds days.... >>

If I go to OK, it will be for next years snake hunt. I'm guessing it will be a little hot down there aroung Memorial Day Weekend anyway.

Old 04-16-2002, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Just make DS650 Days an informal gathering. No official prizes or official races. There will ALWAYS be unofficial racing at Sand Mountain anyhow. Just line up and go. There is also nothing stopping a group run. Just don't print out a flyer saying meet here for XYZ.

Friends of Sand Mountain has filed our non-profit paperwork, and I might still try to get a Poker Run for charity going. I talked to the 2nd in command at BLM for Carson City about it. We might be able to pull it off.

The cleanup is still on too.

Jon

Old 04-16-2002, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

yep, informal get together at sand mountain. Nothing wrong with that.

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend